Shipping Car Seats

AmandaR

I have to ship one of my seats back to LC and USPS is telling me it's going to be $98. How do guys ship car seats for so much less money??

ADS

love-pink

geez louise!! mine have never been that much. did you try actually taking it to a usps?? mine are never more than $35 and ive shipped all over. :confused:

munchkin

The trick is to make the box exactly the size you need it. For example a 30 pound box with the measurements 28 x 20 x 20 will ship for less than $30, but add an inch to that and it jumps to around $70.

So depending on the size of your box and how you get the TF in, you need it to be less than 68 inches when adding the length, width, and height. I don't have the measurements on hand for a Truefit, so you will have to figure out what measurements work best for each side of the box and make one.

EDIT: If you have a non-square box (like the Britax boxes) it needs to be less than 108 for the length + the girth (height, width, height, width).

Spam

I took my last TF in the original box to USPS to ship one state away it would have cost $75, they added an oversize parcel charge to it. According to online quote it should have been under $20 even with the measurements. I went to UPS and it was just under $30. For carseats or other large items fedex or ups is usually cheaper for me. They have ups stores around and fedex is easily found here too.

dhardawa

If it is over 108", the only way you're going to ship it cheap is if the person at the counter doesn't measure it. USPS adds an oversize fee and UPS and FedEx will ship based on size instead of weight and charge you at something like the 80 lb rate. If you can keep it under 108", it is pretty inexpensive.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I had to ship a seat back to Learning Curve, they were replacing it, and I explained to them how high the shipping quote was and asked if there was an alternative. They got me to send back the cover and the harness, which cost me about $10 to ship. They also told me to put black X's or "do not use" all over the shell of the seat and put it in a sealed garbage bag into the trash.

Unless they specifically need to see your seat for investigative purposes, I'd ask if you can do the same. If they actually want to examine your seat for *their* purpose, perhaps they'll pay to have it shipped back. If they need to see it before they'll ship you a new one, see if pictures will do.

AmandaR

There customer service has been AWFUL. I will have to take it to UPS or something. I don't have a box yet, just going by the box measurements of a TF box.
They shouldn't NEED to see the seat, but they are being so rude about it. I will never buy another LC product that's for sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC