Apex - EPS foam???

badgerwife

We are probably be going to getting an Apex for 3 yo son, but I don't see on any websites that it has the EPS foam in it? Does anyone know if it does? And if it doesn't what other 5 point harness that do?
Thanks,
Stefanie

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
We are probably be going to getting an Apex for 3 yo son, but I don't see on any websites that it has the EPS foam in it? Does anyone know if it does? And if it doesn't what other 5 point harness that do?
Thanks,
Stefanie

The brown one at BRU has EPP foam (actually better than EPS, but they are both great). The cheaper models at albeebaby don't have it, that I know of. The Graco Platinum Cargo has it, as does the Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe. The Regent doesn't have it, I don't think, but from what I understand the way it's made basically has the same sort of head protecting effect (blow molded rather than molded molded, I guess?)

:)

trailrunnermom

I've been looking for the Safety 1st Apex as pictured on their website (this looks like the newest version of it). The color is black with light blue accents, and it has EPP foam. http://www.safety1st.com/product.asp?productID=2672
So far the only place I've found it online is Burlington Coat Factory, and they charge (a lot) for shipping. Target says the one it has at target.com (not available in store) is Black, but the picture is blue. I think they also charge for shipping. I did see the brown/tan one at the BRU store in town.

Amaris

Careful about ordering from burlington. If their online policy is the same as their store policy then you can't get a refund if you don't like it, only a store credit.

trailrunnermom

Careful about ordering from burlington. If their online policy is the same as their store policy then you can't get a refund if you don't like it, only a store credit.

Right! I haven't shopped there in about 6 years for this reason. They *may* have changed the return/refund policy by now, but I don't know for sure...always a good idea to check first. :) With so many online retailers offering free shipping, I wouldn't pay for shipping unless there wasn't another option.

Duckieheart

My Burlington has huge signs all over the store now that they do cash returns (showed up within the last 2 months). I dont know thats the case though with mail order stuff.

scatterbunny

Sarah, I thought I saw the same thing when I went to BCF around Christmas, but the website didn't have that information. Maybe they just aren't updated yet?

badgerwife

Well we just got back from our trek to BRU...the closest one is about an hour and a half away. We ended up getting the brown one there. But still need another one for the other car and ds said he wants a "blue one mom!!" so if anyone knows of any other sites on where to get one I would love to hear them.

Probably won't do the Burlington one because there isn't even a store near me that I could return it to.

Or I guess maybe I should first see if it would be terrible to not have one with the foam in it? Disadvantages or advantages??? Any advice from the techs?

STefanie

trailrunnermom

It says you can return an online item to the store, but for store credit only. That's enough to keep me away! :)

Albeebaby.com has the "Lancer" cover Apex on sale, but I don't think this is the most up-to-date model (plus between return shipping and a restocking fee, it would be a pain to return). Hopefully a newer model will be more widely distributed soon. I think (but I don't know for sure) that the brown/tan one (from BRU) is newer than any of the prior models which are on sale online. I liked the feel of the material on the BRU one, but the tan clashes with the gray interior of my car (caution: shallowness alert!) :)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC