Please tell me all about

Lilsid

My girlfriend just told me she has a Cosco First Ride Starter Designer 22 Deluxe Infant Seat.

I don't know any thing about it so I wanted to give her all the info good bad and in between.

ADS

Lilsid

WOW Thats horrible.

I am not a Dorel fan my self and I was shocked to find her using this seat. I dont even know if its new or used. I need to get over there and check it out.

Are there any other things I should know about this seat?

Thanks

libranbutterfly

A couple of the babies at the daycare have it, and it really is difficult to adjust. (One of them is a coworker I told to make sure to get a front adjust seat) so she asked me for help, and it was very difficult to get it tighter. Here is a pic of her baby in the seat before I tightened it. I was hoping to find one of the ones that was front adjust that Walmart clearanced out to give her, esp. since the base was the same, but never found one.

ETA I took the aftermarket strap covers off too ;)

Lilsid

Oh my what were the straps going to hold in. I could not believe how loose. I have not yet seen the seat.

I am friends with the very young grandmother, she asked me to help her find a car seat for her granddaughter for use in her car. So I first asked the mom what her seat was so we could just get her a base but now I think its time to go back to the drawing board and get them all a new seat and new bases.

Money is not and issue so I wonder why such a cheep car seat for the baby.

libranbutterfly

Oh my what were the straps going to hold in. I could not believe how loose. I have not yet seen the seat.

I am friends with the very young grandmother, she asked me to help her find a car seat for her granddaughter for use in her car. So I first asked the mom what her seat was so we could just get her a base but now I think its time to go back to the drawing board and get them all a new seat and new bases.

And that was someone i had educated before the baby was born how tight the straps needed to be :eek: How bad do you thin it would have been? She came to me in tears the first time she left the house w/ baby after going home and asked me to help her.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician

How old is the baby? Perhaps rather than suggesting new infant carriers when they already have one, you can suggest some great convertibles.

Lilsid

I tried that already. Infact I was going to give her one of my MA's, but the baby is 3 weeks old and they want a carrier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC