2011 Toyota Sienna Review Part 1–Mommy Like? - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
2011 Toyota Sienna Review Part 1–Mommy Like? - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

What can I say?  Every now and then here at CarseatBlog.com, we get something really awesome thrown our way.  Well, this wasn’t thrown our way, more driven our way.  Semantics aside, I was the lucky one who got the chance to drive the 2011 Toyota Sienna for a week to see if it’s really all [...]

Please click here to read more at CarseatBlog.Com and please leave us comments at the Blog!

ADS

idale

Re: 2011 Toyota Sienna Review Part 1–Mommy Like? - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

The 8th seat looks like it's not at the same level as the captain's chairs, which would unfortunately seem to make it even less useful than the Odyssey's (where the seat bottom of the center seat is at the same level as the tops of the bolsters on the sides of the captain's chairs' bottoms, so the 8th occupant's bottom (ha!) isn't constrained by the physical width of just their seat). Maybe it's not actually that big of a deal, and perhaps I'm in a minority in thinking that the Plus One is usable by an adult (we've had several in ours, though we're all friendly so encroaching on the space of the person in the captain's chair isn't a big deal), just what I think of when I see that.

The backup display looks interesting, looks like it's showing you three potential paths (straight and turning to either side) and some sort of an "edge" for each as a guide in what might cause you issues while backing up. Interesting. :)

Turn signals on the side of the vehicle: one of the only things I was really disappointed in having to give up when going to my Odyssey (not that anyone around here pays attention to the "orange flashy things", but I always feel better if I know that you can see me signaling from anywhere around me). :(

DahliaRW

Re: 2011 Toyota Sienna Review Part 1–Mommy Like? - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

I can't believe they took away the features that made this van superior (IMO) to the Odyssey. And burying the LATCH anchors - terrible! I also dislike not being able to remove the rear headrests. If they angle forward, it's going to be hard to even put a turbo back there since it has to sit flush with the seat back. I'm sure it'll be problematic for a lot of restraints. Glad I have an '09!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC