Curiosity got the better of me. GN as a booster.

menfusse

Disclaimer: This is showing misuse. This child is too small to use this seat as a booster, and does not meet the minimums of use.

However, I got curious. I wanted to see since I know belt fit can be hit or miss depending on the kid. Since our's installed with LATCH, I just stuck the belt around her to see the fit.

It's actually surprisingly decent. I'll admit that I haven't read the booster section thoroughly since it doesn't apply to us yet. So I don't know if it can be in recline mode while in booster use. It is currently in full recline mode, so I don't know if that effects the belt fit or not.

Anyway, thought I'd share the pic. I hope once she gets big enough to use it safely, the belt fit will be even better. It's still technically across her pelvis, and acceptable, but I'd like to see it a bit lower.

She thought she was pretty cool too, lol.

04231122a.jpg

ADS

cookie123

Surprisingly, it almost fits! Maybe if you put a booster in her booster! Actually, thanks for posting. I'm feeling like Hannah should go to booster mode. She's still in the harness at 7.5. Not that she complains. But she still has room to grow in the harness mode.

How tall is she?

menfusse

Surprisingly, it almost fits! Maybe if you put a booster in her booster! Actually, thanks for posting. I'm feeling like Hannah should go to booster mode. She's still in the harness at 7.5. Not that she complains. But she still has room to grow in the harness mode.

How tall is she?

LOL...booster in her booster. She's a shrimp. 38 inches or so. She'll be harnessed for a long while based merely on size. Even if her maturity level was such that she could ride well in a booster at 5, I'm thinking she won't even break 30lbs by then. She fits a Turbo very well though, of course. But, again...not 30lbs.

Qarin

It's hard to tell, but to me the lap belt looks quite a bit higher than I'd like- on, rather than under, the illiac crests.

menfusse

It's hard to tell, but to me the lap belt looks quite a bit higher than I'd like- on, rather than under, the illiac crests.

Partly because I took the pic from the front seat and the back seat is set much higher, so I'm taking the pic from below if that makes sense, and partly because it is a bit higher than what I would like to see in a booster. But again, it fit much better than I expected given her size, and the hit or miss nature of the GN as a booster.

Maedze

I'm impressed...for such a tiny thing it does pretty well.

My 42" roughly 39 pound 4 year old does NOT fit the Nauti as a booster. My 5 year old fits in beautifully, but it's a cutter-in-halfer on the little girl-child.

fyrfightermomma

E fits wonderfully in it as well. At least she did when I tried it 12 months ago. I think she was right about 4. She was about your E's size but a little thinner. I think she was 38" and 23 lbs or something. I obviously didn't let her ever ride, but I was amazed at 23 lbs she almost fit! I haven't tried her since, but now I'm curious.

Here she is last summer:

nautibooster.jpg

Obviously the lapbelt was too high, but she was only 23 lbs and sort of short. But had I given her about 5 more pounds and 1 or 2 more inches of growth, it'd probably be just right *disclaimer: she wouldn't have ridden in it even with 5 more pounds as she still wouldn't meet the minimums*

The shoulder belt fit fine, it just looks weird cause her head is hanging to the side

BabyKaykes

DS does not fit in the GN as well as I think he should at his age and size. He'll be 5yo in Oct and the lap belt is quite high on his belly. When the time comes I'll probably sell both GNs to fund a good booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC