Need help with Frontier 85

tl01

Does anyone have a pic of the seat from the back with the black plastic cover off? I need to see how to route the harness. My manual must have been ruined when the rest of the seat was ruined since I can't find it now. I have all the new pieces to put the seat back together but I want to make sure I route the harness correctly. My guess is that the harness goes through the slots and then over the metal bars. Has anyone been able to access the manual online? Each time I input my info it says there is no such manual.
Thanks!

ADS

mpk3

My DH is out for the day with our kids, otherwise I would have taken our seat out of the car and taken a picture for you.

Have you gone to the Britax USA website? Go to the website and at the very top it says "Install your seat." Click on that and then there will be a drop down menu next to Current Products. Select "Frontier 85" and then select the date of manufacture in the other drop down menu. Now click on "view demo and guides" and it will then show you installation videos to click on and the user guide in PDF format.

Hope that helps! :)

crunchierthanthou

tl01

here's the manual - http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/user-guides/60.pdf. I just put in a dummy date.

are there pics of the back on carseatblog.com? I know Darren mentioned the change to the splitter plate.

eta: Here's a pic with the plastic cover on. It shows how the harness goes over the bars, though - http://carseatblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Frontier85back.jpg

and the splitter plate - http://carseatblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Frontier85splitter.jpg

:)

Strange... I couldn't get the online manual to show up. Thanks!

I actually just realized they did send instructions with the new harness... even though they said they didn't have it ready yet so I'm totally set now. Thanks all for your help Finally my seat can be used again!!

The links to Darren's seat were the most helpful!

Probably a totally lame question, but what is the point of the plastic cover under the harness?

tl01

What plastic cover under the harness?

Sorry... over the harness....

What type of splitter plate does the 85 have? On my old Frontier it is the two-sided one and on this seat it is more like the Radian. Does that seem right?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Sorry... over the harness....

What type of splitter plate does the 85 have? On my old Frontier it is the two-sided one and on this seat it is more like the Radian. Does that seem right?

Most covers of that type are to keep the harness from being smashed against the vehicle seat, making it easier to adjust the harness when installed tightly.

crunchierthanthou

Most covers of that type are to keep the harness from being smashed against the vehicle seat, making it easier to adjust the harness when installed tightly.

right. It makes a channel for the harness. It did sometimes cause a problem on the original Frontier design in that the splitter plate would get caught on the plastic cover or the sides. They made some minor changes to that design and seem to have changed it completely (including splitter plate) for the 85.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC