Radian trouble, PIC HEAVY

libranbutterfly

I took my radians out of the car today to swap covers, and noticed a few problems on one.

My radian 65 has what looks like corrosion on all the metal parts on the back of the seat.

DSCN0239-1.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

And a pic of the seats with their new clothes :love: Even though one of them is not in use right now.

DSCN0253.jpg

Look at the fading on my princess cover compared to the all floral!! I am almost afraid to use the all floral. :whistle:

Also, I have no clue what caused the fading on the pink of my princess. Any clue?

ADS

libranbutterfly

lso, I got the wider tongs (that is what sunshine kids call them, right?) and when I was taking off the old tongs, I noticed the stitching on one shoulder strap was coming loose in the middle.

DSCN0236.jpg

DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

The last one has the tag that was on the strap in it.

I am going to send these pics to SK as well, but just wanted opinions.

libranbutterfly

Oh wow that does look like corrosion on the metal. Any drinks been spilled? Kids pee in the seats?

Drinks are spilled from time to time, but nothing major. Kamille has been riding in it, no accidents, I cant tighten the top tether of lower anchors at all, the tightening parts are FULL of corrosion. All my other seats are fine.

Ltaylor

I have never seen metal do that before.

The Radians are steel right ? Steel should not do that.

It the 'tong the end of the tether or what goes on the harness adjustment ?

libranbutterfly

I have never seen metal do that before.

The Radians are steel right ? Steel should not do that.

It the 'tong the end of the tether or what goes on the harness adjustment ?

The tong is the buckle and buckles into the crotch strap

It is reminding me of corrosion on a battery. The white everywhere is powder coming out of all the crevices. It smells just like battery corrosion too

Madeline410

I can't really see the pics clearly. Try pressing the little flower button on your camera and taking the pics again. SK might want to see the pics, anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC