Ack, my 14.5 month old has almost outgrown the CCO

oxeye

I should take pictures later. This kid has a seriously long torso. :( :( He has an inch and a half above his head so only half an inch before it is outgrown. And that's in a disposable diaper, not cloth.

What do you think the chances are that he will still fit when we fly to Hawaii in 7 weeks?? I don't want to fly with two Radians!!! I wanted to bring a Radian and a CCO and was even planning to get the Flash stroller for the trip.

Could you send some grow legs and not torso wishes this way? LOL

ADS

autumnlily

Ack! I remember giving you my girls stats and their fitting (which at nearly 25mo... they still have 3-4 inches above their heads :rolleyes: at nearly 33+" heights).

I'll send some GROW LEGS dust to you... my girls could sure use some too! (Thank goodness for tiny torso's)

ctbcleveland

Ha - you are the reason I am probably not going to get one! DS is going to be one in July but is 30 inches already (90%).

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Ack! I remember giving you my girls stats and their fitting (which at nearly 25mo... they still have 3-4 inches above their heads :rolleyes: at nearly 33+" heights).

I'll send some GROW LEGS dust to you... my girls could sure use some too! (Thank goodness for tiny torso's)

Ds is crazy close to outgrowing it completly, ff too, his head is ove the shell. This is the kid that easily uses the 4th slot on the xtsl. At least dd is only on the second slots in both seats.

crunchierthanthou

oh no! an average sized torso is the only thing my 16 mo dd has going for her. She's 93% for height and her head is off the charts (but maybe all her height is in her head ;) ). If she had a long torso, I'd be seat shopping with you.

Spam

Grow some legs baby! I know the feeling, I'm hoping the bean has long legs and a shorter torso like daddy. I still :love: it though, it's so cute. Here's A in the cco at 21 months. He's pretty much outgrown it.
cco0011.jpg
cco0013.jpg

oxeye

oh no! an average sized torso is the only thing my 16 mo dd has going for her. She's 93% for height and her head is off the charts (but maybe all her height is in her head ;) ). If she had a long torso, I'd be seat shopping with you.

Oh yes, I'm sure his off the charts head isn't helping either. I should measure the pieces of him. His legs are ridiculously short. He's not super tall, though - around 75th%tile last time I charted him.

oxeye

Adding pictures finally of my long torso, giant headed almost 15 month old. He fits the same way in the car (but I just got my Flash stroller so I wanted to bring the seat inside to try it out).

30488_576175068618_23708693_3331231.jpg

30488_576175083588_23708693_3331231.jpg

30488_576175098558_23708693_3331232.jpg

I think we'll make it to our trip in 5 weeks (knock on wood!) but probably not long after. Wah!!! I don't want to part with my CCO.

Laurette

Looks like he has close to three inches over his head. You know you measure with a line perpendicular to the back of the seat?? Not straight accross.

oxeye

Looks like he has close to three inches over his head. You know you measure with a line perpendicular to the back of the seat?? Not straight accross.

I measured it when I took the pics and it is 2 inches (so a little more than I originally estimated!). There is a good bit of padding at the top of the seat that isn't hard shell. And yes I know to go perpendicular. ;)

StillThankful

What a cutie pie:) I'm not surprised at his stats~ there was a thread on here that compared a member's 3 year old with her 6 year old cousin. The 3 year old was taller in the seat than her 6 year old cousin:) Apparently, the 3 year old had a very long torso while her cousin had a short torso with long legs (90%). After seeing that, I believe anything:) Good luck:)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Spam's child has *way* less room than oxeye's child, and if there's extra padding above the child, it seems Spam's child is more than outgrown the seat, not just "pretty much outgrown"?

crunchierthanthou

Spam's child has *way* less room than oxeye's child, and if there's extra padding above the child, it seems Spam's child is more than outgrown the seat, not just "pretty much outgrown"?

I think she means ff. IIRC, she mentioned in another thread that his shoulders were at the top slots. He has outgrown it entirely.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I think she means ff. IIRC, she mentioned in another thread that his shoulders were at the top slots. He has outgrown it entirely.

But from the photos it looks like the shoulder pads angle up in a way that makes it look like he has more room before his shoulders are even with the top slots. And his ears are still well within the shell. So unless those are old photos, it looks to me that he still has room. (FF. RF is most certainly outgrown.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
:doh: I hadn't noticed it was installed FF! Looks like the child still has some room FF (up to an inch? hard to tell with the shoulder pads) but a lot closer to outgrowing than the child would be for other seats FF, that's for sure.

oxeye

Yeah, I should probably clarify that I'm talking about it almost being outgrown RF. I can't really imagine a situation where I would personally use the seat FF. I treat it like a giant infant seat. ;)

crunchierthanthou

But from the photos it looks like the shoulder pads angle up in a way that makes it look like he has more room before his shoulders are even with the top slots. And his ears are still well within the shell. So unless those are old photos, it looks to me that he still has room. (FF. RF is most certainly outgrown.)

it does look like a bit more in those photos, but you can see he doesn't has much room left at all in this thread - http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=122620

Maybe half an inch? I think that's where the "pretty much" comes in. Her stats say he already has a 15" torso, so not a typical case by any means.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC