Toy Story

KDsmommy

Toy Story is currently my DS's favorite, so it's being watched a LOT in our house. It just kills me every time I see Andy in a lapbelt and his baby sister in a FF carseat in the FRONT seat of the family van!!! I know, I'm a dork. :rolleyes:

ADS

featherhead

Yeah, but it also shows what could happen if you're not belted in, lol. (Woody in the back of the delivery truck)

ChckLiz

Oh I know, I noticed that the first time I seen it here recently. My son is also a HUGE fan of toy story. I said something about it and my DH just rolled his eyes.

Louisa

CPST Instructor
we love toy story too, my 4yo ds asked last time we watched it where andy's booster was!
I was so proud :)
(my ds occasionally booster trains in a toy story graco turbo booster)

skitle1802

You have to take it with a grain of salt. Toy Story was released in 1995 and probably was already in production 3 years early. I know California's car seat laws then were 4 yr or 40lbs. (Pixar is based in CA)

They aren't going to remake make the film for new car seat usage...and yes they send a good message about "lack of restraining devices"

ETA: Aren't most vehicles pre-1996 lap belts in all rear seat positions? All my parents vehicles growing up were.

keri1292

ETA: Aren't most vehicles pre-1996 lap belts in all rear seat positions? All my parents vehicles growing up were.

Center usually, but not outboard. My 1988 Toyota Coralla had lap/shoulder belts and so did my nana's 1976 Grannymobile *no clue what it was!).

skitle1802

Center usually, but not outboard. My 1988 Toyota Coralla had lap/shoulder belts and so did my nana's 1976 Grannymobile *no clue what it was!).

My parents 1990 Caddy, 1986 Chevy Astro, and our old 1988 Crown Victoria all have lap only in all rear passenger positions. Maybe its just an American manufacturer thing.

Last edited:

emandbri

Hee hee this thread cracks me up!

Before airbags it was common to put babies in the front seat so you could tend to them. I always figured though they put Molly in front because they had Woody and Buzz go through the sunroof and needed a place for them to sit.

swtgi1982

Hee hee this thread cracks me up!

Before airbags it was common to put babies in the front seat so you could tend to them. I always figured though they put Molly in front because they had Woody and Buzz go through the sunroof and needed a place for them to sit.

Tis true though, my mom said the other day when transporting my youngest, "Man I miss when you were young and we could put you up front so I could feed you (bottle) while I drove!"

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
My parents 1990 Caddy, 1986 Chevy Astro, and our old 1988 Crown Victoria all have lap only in all rear passenger positions. Maybe its just an American manufacturer thing.

Nope, not just an American manufacturer thing. :) Outboard rear lap-shoulder belts have been required for new cars sold in the U.S. since about the '89 model year. A requirement for lap-shoulder belts for all rear seating positions in new cars sold in the U.S. went into effect for the 2008 model year. It will be interesting to see if there are improved car scenes showing any of these more recent vehicle safety tweaks in Toy Story 3 due out this summer. ;)

brightredmtn

What's interesting is that John Lasseter who directed the movie has FIVE boys. He really should have known better about the car seat in the front seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC