Cup holder?

mburks26

Are there any cup holders that can hold a Mc Donalds cup etc that can be seat belted in or latched in next to a booster seat? Would go in middle with lap only belt the booster outboard with lap shoulder belt.
She has about an inch left in the GN and our booster is the Vivo. She can't mange the cup and food. Normally when we do the one day a week booster training the GN gets left in the middle and she uses that but on Fridays now we have her cousin and she now uses the GN in booster mode (her other boosters were in a crash and her parents dont care wont replace so they are not allowed in my car) Her toso is too long for the GN in harness plus she will use the cup holder. Fridays is our out to eat days as its really busy. Turning around and handed the cup to my dd is not safe for me and its getting to be a pain in the neck.
Or should I get dd cousion her own booster to keep her when shes with us? I dislike the turbos though any other good cheap booster with cup holder that could fit next to the GN to do 3 across in 2003 Ford F150. I buckle them in so that not an issue.

ADS

Maedze

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Accesssories-CU91112-Beverage-Holder/dp/B000B8J6PG/ref=pd_sim_dbs_auto_4"]Amazon.com: Custom Accesssories CU91112 Large Beverage Holder: Automotive[/ame] What about one of those? You just mount it on the door frame.

mommycat

I've used that style as well (slightly different design). FYI a potential issue which may not be an issue in the back: I used it in the driver's seat and if I needed to put the window down I had to lift the drink when I put it back up. Otherwise, the cupholder would come up along with the glass and I would have liquid all over my lap and floor.

mburks26

Wouldnt that be a projectile object though? it would be on my dds right her cup holder has to be on the left. She has to sit behind me when in booster. Unless she can reach across with her left hand. That wouldnt be bad if the belt stays put right.

christineka

The sk side rider is a safe attachment. I don't know how well it holds mcdonald's cups or whether it would work well with the nautilus. It clips to the fabric on the car seat. Why not just bring a bottle of water? (It's healthier than soda and easy to bring along.) My kids also like the apple juice at mcdonalds which come in the juice boxes that are small. My kids like to just stuff their drinks on the sides of their seats. In the car, dd2 is generally the only one allowed to have non water beverages because she will neither spill, nor get sick.

Jennifer mom to my 7

The sk side rider is a safe attachment. I don't know how well it holds mcdonald's cups or whether it would work well with the nautilus. It clips to the fabric on the car seat. Why not just bring a bottle of water? (It's healthier than soda and easy to bring along.) My kids also like the apple juice at mcdonalds which come in the juice boxes that are small. My kids like to just stuff their drinks on the sides of their seats. In the car, dd2 is generally the only one allowed to have non water beverages because she will neither spill, nor get sick.

I don't think her dd would be able to open the bottle of water. AT least not that easily. No clue about the cupholder though.

mommycat

You could try to transfer her drink to a well-sealed sippy cup and teach her to tuck it in her carseat/booster, beside her bum/leg. DS1 does this in the seats which do not have a cupholder.

mburks26

Cup holder is for use with her booster not the GN she can reach the GNs cup holder when using it as a harness seat or when shes in the booster and the GN is in the middle still installed.

She can't open bottles, she can but with her teeth and well we are not allowing that don't need to crack a tooth.

Soda with a sippy cup spews everywere. She refues to drink from a sippy anyway. She can't mange a cup and food in her booster she puts her bag on one side and then theres not enough room to put the cup on the other side. She has very little side to side room with the Vivo.

Food and MC D cups are not hard so I don't think that will give anyone a ouch shouldnt be in the car. lol

I guess just get the other a booster
really undoing the whole GN once a week is getting to be a pain in the rear.
Got to move it outboard and undo the harness. Then redo all of it.
I'll start another thread about which booster.

christineka

The sk side rider is just this thingie that clips to the fabric of the car seat/booster fabric. It does not necessarily have to go on the side. I actually bought them for our vivos. There is very little room to the side of the seats in my van. The side rider works fine on the vivo and can be clipped towards the front of the seat. I think I remember someone saying they used safety pins and pinned it to the side of the seat.

vonfirmath

You could try to transfer her drink to a well-sealed sippy cup and teach her to tuck it in her carseat/booster, beside her bum/leg. DS1 does this in the seats which do not have a cupholder.

This is what I do for my son's drinks (he's 32 months) because I don't trust him not to spill. Then he tucks it between his legs or on the side when not drinking. (or, and this is one reason I will miss RFing, he pushes it down between his legs against the seat)

PS take the valve out of the sippy cup if it is being propelled up out of the top

mburks26

do you think this would work sunshine kids stroller thing it has loops on both ends I could slip the middle seat belt though it or latch (not using the latch anyway) then she can have the cup in one holder and then put her bag in the middle.
http://sunshinekidsbaby.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZM19321

this one doesn't strap in does it? http://sunshinekidsbaby.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZM22324

of course only extra cloths and or blanket in the middle no hard stuff.

I should have added dd only has a full hand on her left side that is why its hard to mange the cup and her food with out a cup holder.

Last edited:

mommycat

Argh, lost post. In short:
I have used a blanket in the middle to make a "shelf" to rest food on. Also, might be able to find a sippy to work with pop, like a First Years straw sippy, if they still make these.
31WiM0yTVeL.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC