Bike trailers that become GOOD jogging strollers.

Wineaux

We're looking to get a couple of bikes to go riding around the neighborhood so we can get some exercise. My in-laws got a cheap bike trailer and Ian loves it! So we're looking at getting one for ourselves when we get the bike's. What we don't have, but actually need, is a jogging type of stroller for when we are out at the beach, going to festivals, etc. I don't want to buy a bunch of different strollers, so I want one that does a lot of things well.

So far I am looking at a used Chariot if I can find one as the new ones are silly expensive, a Croozer, the new Schwinn PR150, or "maybe" an Aosom. The Aosom is at the bottom of the list as the reviews aren't great and it looks like there are silly low height limits that mean the weight limit on the trailer will never be met. Sort of like the Complete Air...

The Chariot requires me to buy a lot of accessories to turn it into a stroller/jogging stroller, but all the rest come ready to go out of the box. I would consider a Burley, but it would most likely need to be used and come with all the stroller accessories as well.

Does anyone know of any other trailer/stroller combos that they would recommend? Does anyone have any personal experiences with any of these? Any good places to shop with killer discount codes to bring the costs down, etc?

ADS

solmama

Another brand to look into is the Wike. We have a Wike and it's the only stroller that still fits our crazy-tall 6 yo. She outgrew our double jogger at 3! So the Wike was the only thing that fit her until she started riding her bike longer distances. Yes, they're expensive, but we've had ours for 5.5 years and it's been the best stroller investment we've made (the Volo is easily the 2nd best).

www.wicycle.com

Wineaux

The Wike looks SO damned cool! I'll have to see if I can find a used one somewhere. I just responded to a CL ad in another state on the off chance that they still have the Wike and are willing to ship. There is a serious lack of used bike trailers and good used strollers in Lousianna. It's sad to say the least. Search for Bike Trailer on our local CL and all you get are ads for motorcycle and horse stuff. It sucks!

monzogary

Senior Community Member
We have a Burley trailer with stroller attachment and we really liked it a lot. We loved using it as a stroller as it would go over any terrain! My kids are really too big for it now, and its too bad a mouse chewed through our seat :(, although you can buy replacement parts. I really need to get rid of it since we dont use it anymore!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC