They turned him

cpsaddict

My sister turned my 21mth old nephew ff today. He weighs 30lbs, which I suppose is ok, but he is so young. :( I feel good that he got that much at least. Much more than mst kids around here. At least he is still rf in my mom's car. Sigh.....I tried.:(

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Dang! You were just telling me today that they were going to wait to 2 years!

cpsaddict

Dang! You were just telling me today that they were going to wait to 2 years!

I know! :( I saw her truck when I pulled in the parking lot at Weight Watchers. I was thinking something looked odd and all of a sudden it dawned on me. His Marathon is FORWARD facing. :eek: I nearly had a stroke. I asked he when she turned him and she said today. Sigh....then I asked her if it was tethered. She said, "it still needs to be tethered when it's that close to the window?". Duh. Then I reminded her that she was supposed to wait until two and she said, "yeah, but he fought me so much and screamed the whole car ride. Plus, it was getting hard to get him in." Well, maybe if you took the LIFT off the truck, it would be easier, no? I also reminded her that I had parts(HUGS) that needed to go on the seat for FF. "Oh, I forgot about those." Double sigh....Oh and I asked her if she had thought about putting him in the middle and she said she wanted too ask me about that because she was afraid he would fly out the windshield. :confused: Wha? Anyway, I am going over there in the morning to switch the LATCH straps, put on the HUGS and tether it. Then I am going to pray. A lot.

Spam

:( Sucks doesn't it. My sis turned my niece as soon as she turned one last month. She's barely 22lbs and looks so incredibly tiny. My sis knows how I am, I even buy her seats for her, my niece has an efta and I told her it rfs to 35lbs so you can just leave that way for a while, but no.. she turned her anyway. At least she still rfs when she rides with me or our mom since she's an ss1 in her car. :( I pray she's never in accident and I try to check the installs of her seats when I can, but she gets mad.. they're always loose.

mommycat

I was also going to say that you've done a great job already and he is a lot older than most of the kids I see go FF. :thumbsup:

Then I read all the other stuff you/she said and it made me sad. (no tether+window comment, lack of HUGS, comment about center/windshield) *sigh* BUt at least they have you to correct the misinformation and misunderstandings and remind them of the stuff they forget. At least there is that! :)

cpsaddict

I suppose 21mths is good for them. I always kind of felt she kept him rf because I told her to, not because she felt it was safer. :( I am going to fix his seat today. They did do a decent job installing it and remembered to move it upright, so that was good. He just has such a ginormous head...

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
My cousin turned her son at 13 months, at least he got 2 months longer rf than my other cousin's child, she ff'd at 11m. I was preaching about erf then as ds is 7m older than her and 51 weeks older than he is. I just have to remember that I am not the mama and back home, they both ride rf in my parents' cars. Jodie did at least let me check her seat. *cough* fail *cough*

ProudMommysince09

Hey you tried, and its awesome that you will fix the seat for them. And like everyone else already said, at least he's already 21mos. I dont even wanna ask my SIL (shes in a diff. state) if her kid is still RF because Im assuming not, sigh..
My friend has her 30lbs 13 mos old FF because the doc said, he has a strong neck and at his weight he should be fine.. ahhh now that is terrible too..

Bella_a1

21 months is great in this part of the world. I had DD and DS both turned around 14 months because they just got too big for their seat :(

njmommy

I think 21 mos. is great. I turned DS at 22 mos because he was hot RF'ing (couldnt get a/c) & would get aggitated. Now that I know what I know, I will keep DD RF'ing much longer & figure something out with the heat.

Once I read about more of the benefits, I tried turning him back and he screamed - which didnt make it very safe for me to drive.

I still feel guilty :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC