Considering a new seat

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I just started a new job and found an in home sitter I'm happy with until Jan when Nicholas can come to work with me. (I'm the 3/4 teacher in a child care center and the youngest come at 2.)

The sitter has to take one of her kids to school 2 mornings a week for band before school. She takes the kids when one needs to go to the orthodontist, or like today, they were running late so she drove some of them to school.

He's been there 3 days...and all 3 days I've moved my seat. I'm driving the hubby's car this week and I have the TFP installed in the center. I've been putting his seat behind the driver in the capt's chair in her Ford Expedition or Excursion---not sure of yr, but it does have LATCH.

Normally I drive an 05 Chevy Malibu Maxx with a TFP. Hubby's car is an 09 Hyundai Elantra with a Scenera. I had it center w/ a locking clip. I had a CPST-I help me with the install cause it was such a PITA. I bumped it the other night and knocked it loose...so now I don't think it was such a great install to begin with and it'll have to go outboard with LATCH. The scenera is in the center with LATCH in the Malibu Maxx right now(dedicated position).

The TFP is fitting in the Elantra with me as the driver, but I doubt it will with my hubby driving.

Nicholas is 20 pounds, 9 oz and about 30". He's almost 16 months.

I'm wondering if a Radian XT or a MyRide would be better for us??? Or something else?

Susan

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Since you only need it for now through January, why not something inexpensive -- if you don't like the Scenera, maybe the Avenue? Or at most, an EFTA? He's not particularly heavy, so all of those should get you through your temporary need just fine, without breaking the bank. :)

Ltaylor

I LOVE my EFTA (Evenflo Triumph Advance).

We have a 2005 Nissan Sentra (about the same size as an Elantra). It fits great in our car. DH is 6'7 so he has to have his seat all the way back and the EFTA in the center position (was the dedicated position til she was 2.5) RF never interfered with his seat at all and his seat being all the way back never interfered with DDs seat. They touched but the EFTA was not braced.

DD is 3yrs, 32lbs and 38in and she still has lots of room to grow in the EFTA.

SOO easy to install, easy to adjust. I love the infinate slide harness and the knob to tighten the harness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC