WAY too small!! *pic*

ChckLiz

DH was cleaning out the car and Jonah was sitting in the passenger seat next to him. I buckled him in, just to see what it looks like. The saddest part about this is that I've seen ppl put kids his age in the front seat, not even buckled. I work in a daycare so I see a lot of missuse!

20100421_1.jpg

This picture just makes him look even smaller than he already is to me!

ADS

Cryssy Jane

oh my goodness, what a cutie! Would you mind if I stole this for my missuse section in my carseat binder that I use at my home daycare?

2BunniesMommy

He is so cute!!! Is your seatbelt twisted or it there a twist at the top to go with the one at the bottom and it actually is ok once turned around?

ChckLiz

oh my goodness, what a cutie! Would you mind if I stole this for my missuse section in my carseat binder that I use at my home daycare?

Thank you :) Yeah that's fine, hope it helps! :thumbsup:

He is so cute!!! Is your seatbelt twisted or it there a twist at the top to go with the one at the bottom and it actually is ok once turned around?

Thank you :)

Nope, just the bottom is twisted.. I think the driver's side is the same way. I've tried to fix it way too many times and every time, the top ends up twisting and the bottom is fine. :confused:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
So cute :).

The twist in the belt has to be fixed by putting a small fold in the seatbelt and then pushing the latchplate down over it, so the latchplate actually ends up flipping around. I have the same problem in my van and haven't been able to fix it there, but it was easy in our old twisty Aspire belts with wider slits in the latchplates.

Pixels

My trained eye sees what's wrong with that, but I'm not sure I would have really seen it two years ago. The lap belt is in approximately the right place, and so is the shoulder belt. It's not like the lap belt is riding up to his nipples or the shoulder belt is going across his face, you know?

One of these days I'm going to take a pic of DD in the lap-shoulder belt outboard in the back of my car. She sat down there one day and asked to be buckled, so I did, and :eek: the belt placement was wonderful. Same with the lap-only belt in the front center seat of my mom's car; the anchors are forward of the bight so the belt was really low on her thighs.

ChckLiz

So cute :).

The twist in the belt has to be fixed by putting a small fold in the seatbelt and then pushing the latchplate down over it, so the latchplate actually ends up flipping around. I have the same problem in my van and haven't been able to fix it there, but it was easy in our old twisty Aspire belts with wider slits in the latchplates.

I'll atempt to figure that out.. they've been like that since I got the car. The latchplate is the thing that clicks into the buckle.. right? (I don't know much about cars lol)

My trained eye sees what's wrong with that, but I'm not sure I would have really seen it two years ago. The lap belt is in approximately the right place, and so is the shoulder belt. It's not like the lap belt is riding up to his nipples or the shoulder belt is going across his face, you know?

One of these days I'm going to take a pic of DD in the lap-shoulder belt outboard in the back of my car. She sat down there one day and asked to be buckled, so I did, and :eek: the belt placement was wonderful. Same with the lap-only belt in the front center seat of my mom's car; the anchors are forward of the bight so the belt was really low on her thighs.

I was actually surprised that the shoulder belt wasn't across his face, it is in the back seat really bad! I guess the seats are set up different. He of course thought he was going somewhere when I buckled him in.. uh no sir! lol.

We took him for a ride in my brother's mustange the other day. My brother just thought that 1. we could just sit him on the back seat! and 2. When I told him that we had to use the car seat, he thought you just sit car seats ON the seat.. NOT buckled with the seat belt!! Goes to show you, a lot of people don't take the time to learn these things. Looks like when the time comes and he has a kid, I'm going to be the one helping him with car seats!! *Not that I mind :D*

Angela

I was debating on taking an opposite picture the other day. I was playing with our signo seeing how it would fit RF behind our drivers seat. So of course my DS decides to crawl in. It was surprising how comfortable he looked, but way too big for it to be RF. He even buckled himself in. :) The seat wasn't actually buckled in the car, so I figured I better not run in to grab the camera. He probably would've ended up head first on the concrete by the time I got back.

Splash

Actually, the belt technically fits him well. Low on the hips, resting on the shoulder, straight across the chest. He doesn't pass the 5 step test, of course, because his legs don't bend at the edge and his feet don't rest flat on the floor. But in terms of the belt fit... it ain't bad!

Madeline410

Actually, the belt technically fits him well. Low on the hips, resting on the shoulder, straight across the chest. He doesn't pass the 5 step test, of course, because his legs don't bend at the edge and his feet don't rest flat on the floor. But in terms of the belt fit... it ain't bad!
LOL I was thinking the same. What a cute little guy! :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC