New Stroller 40 Pound 3 Year Old/Tall Parents?

P

pjmfamily

Hi! My name is Sabrina and I have a just turned 3 years son and 6 year old girl. We're moving from a Peg Pliko P3 into what we hope will be a lighter stroller for full time use but primarily easy to travel with-we live in Japan and travel to the states and it's a long trip.
I've looked into the Maclarens, Inglesina and Pliko Lite but just don't know what to choose!
Things we love:
The Peg rear footboard for older child-very handy in airports when we have a ways to go for older DD.
The taller, expandable handles.
Basically we want a lighter but still fully functioning stroller which is tall enough for me at 5'8" and no kicking the back wheels! Sturdy and attractive too.
So any advice? Thanks!

ADS

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I'd try any type of Maclaren except a Volo. You won't get the footboard, but you'll get a higher weight limit, a smaller fold, and a lighter frame altogether. I've had many P3s and now my main stroller is a Mac Quest. I think it was a perfect downgrade for me. I'm not sure of any type of smaller stroller with a footboard. I love love looovveed that footboard on my old P3s

I wouldn't go with the Chicco because it's the P3 version just in a Chicco model. They're both built on the same frame, just a different name :) They both have the footboard, same weight, same fold, same reclines. Only different thing I think is that the handles turn out and down on the Chicco and the P3s can only be adjusted up. The Chicco is an awesome stroller, but you've already got a P3 doing it's job :D

LuvBug

Ive heard good things about the Pliko lite, but we ended up with a maclaren vogue- now named the maclaren techno classic.
DS is 40lbs at 3.5 and is very tall, especially in his sitting height. I wanted to absolute tallest and deepest seat I could find on an umbrella fold(when not in use I fold it up and push it with 1 hand. This is great for places like the museum where he wants to sit sometimes and run others and I cant chase him with a full stroller).
You wont get the foot board on any of the maclarens, but they are very very nice!
Try groups.yahoo.com/groups/strollerswap for information. They have files and photos and you can ask questions. They helped me find the right stroller for our situation and I bought it from one of the members for a great deal!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd try any type of Maclaren except a Volo. You won't get the footboard, but you'll get a higher weight limit, a smaller fold, and a lighter frame altogether. I've had many P3s and now my main stroller is a Mac Quest. I think it was a perfect downgrade for me. I'm not sure of any type of smaller stroller with a footboard. I love love looovveed that footboard on my old P3s

I wouldn't go with the Chicco because it's the P3 version just in a Chicco model. They're both built on the same frame, just a different name :) They both have the footboard, same weight, same fold, same reclines. Only different thing I think is that the handles turn out and down on the Chicco and the P3s can only be adjusted up. The Chicco is an awesome stroller, but you've already got a P3 doing it's job :D

oh, duh, missed that she already has a P3.... :D

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I am loving my P3 for my almost 4yr old (37/38lbs) & almost 6yr old (43/44lbs). It has worked great for me 5'3 & dh 6'2 with no issues being able to push both of them in/on it.

To be honest it's rather light weight and is rather compact for what you get out of the stroller. We have a light weight Baby Trend EuroSport (older verison they no longer make) looks like the Chicco/Maclaren light weight strollers. The P3 isn't much heavier then our old Baby Trend.

I think the Zappy's have the foot bar on one of their models now too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC