Friend just won't listen

Angela

A friend of mine could care less about carseats. She has 2 boys (6 and 7) and one little girl (6 months). The 2 boys aren't in anything at all and the baby is in a snugride. My issue is that she KNOWS I am a carseat fanatic and could care less. She mentioned to me awhile ago that she has a marathon for her daughter that she got from a friend that she'll be putting her daughter in soon. She said that she really needed to get a new cover for it though. I said I'd keep an eye out for her. She precedes to tell me today that the MA DOM is 2004. Not a problem but she then tells me that even though I'm against it that she will be using it until she grows out of it in a year or two. She also said that she's willing to pay $70 for a new cover!! grrr... Here's my question: Do I push this topic and tell her she could buy a new Scenera for $45 (less than a new cover) and maybe send on some carseat info? I know her pretty well (we trade babysitting time), but I never know how to broach the 'carseat talk'. Any suggestions?

ADS

Angela

The thing is, I don't think she really cares what the cover looks like as long as it's in better shape. I guess the one that's on there is dirty and worn.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I would just explain to her that for the same price, she can get a pink Avenue that'll last till baby is 4 or 5 depending on her size. It's new, safe, and cute!

I have friends who are the same way. I'm a CPST and they don't seem to care.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I have a sister and a sister in law that could care less that I am the "car seat nazi" and that I am scheduled to take the class the first week of June....

The only thing they want from me is "get us new seats" WTF? Call the Sheriff Dept and tell them that your seats are expired and they will help you.. I have NO clue when I will be able to get into a safety check as a tech to get them new seats... :mad:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Please reconsider the term "car seat nazi". I am a CPST and child passenger safety advocate. I do not want people killed for their beliefs or ethnicity.

swtgi1982

I would just explain to her that for the same price, she can get a pink Avenue that'll last till baby is 4 or 5 depending on her size. It's new, safe, and cute!

I have friends who are the same way. I'm a CPST and they don't seem to care.

the gray one is 39.99 on Kmart.com right now

jessi f

the gray one is 39.99 on Kmart.com right now

Do you have a link for this? I looked and couldnt find it. Thanks!

I dont have any tips for getting people to care about their kids car seats. It's kind of depressing how trivial a thing people think it is...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC