Question 05 Civic install

ahgirls

I was wondering if anyone has installed a MA or Nauti in a 2-door 05 Civic? It will be outboard. I won't have time to play with the seats. My DD2 is 3 years old, 42.5 inches tall and weighs 43 lbs if that helps.

ADS

mommycat

I haven't tried in a 2 door, but I have installed a number of seats in an '01 Civic sedan and an '07 Civic sedan. I think the '05 would be more like the '01? I have had the MA and the Nauti in the '07 but not in the '01, but I have never had any particular issues with any of the FF installs in either (or the RF install, either, I believe, aside from lack of front pass leg room for some seats).

Remember that you cannot use latch over 40lbs in a Honda, so it would be a seatbelt install. The MA has lockoffs but since your seatbelts lock when you pull them all the way out of the retractor, there shouldn't be an issue either way. You may need to remove the headrest to get a better fit (store it in the trunk in case you ever need it).

ahgirls

Thank you very much for the tips especially LATCH reminder. I have a 48 lb LATCH limit in my van. I used the MA and got it installed in 5 minutes. It wasn't my car but a employee/family friend. A good thing nobody had to use the front seat. It was pushed all the way forward. Thanks:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC