Question Evenflo Momentum 65

ADS

SavsMom

I have no idea - but I want one - lol!
It looks like an EFTA and Symphony65 combined.
I love my S65 - and this looks even better!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They promised to have one at their booth at Lifesavers last week, but it never arrived. Yeah, it's a Triumph 65 (which is new, same seat but 40RF and 65FF) with SureLatch connectors. (The only time I've tried to install a seat with those, the car seat was so curvy it didn't work and I had to use the seatbelt...)

Edit: though those side impact wings look pretty cool...

SavsMom

I found that with the SureLatch - if the seat didn't tighten enough, you could gently lift the SureLatch connectors up toward the back of the vehicle seat and they would retract even more - I know that in some cars they are almost impossible though. I have never been a fan of Evenflo seats (hated the Embrace, and didn't like the knobs on the EFTA) - I really like the looks of this new one.

For fun here is my daughter in her Symph65 - she is 28 months, 24lbs, 34" - sorry for the bad pic quality and don't even look at the install, I was switching seats between cars and just wanted to get a quick pic of her in it to show the amount of room she has in the seat (leg room and rear facing room) - the seat has the headrest in the 2nd position and she has tons of room to go - the seat would never be installed like this if she were going to actually be riding in it :thumbsup:

2cgo5eo.jpg
[/IMG]

Brycen'sMommy

I want one too for my 8 week old. We have a Symphony 65 for my 2 year old and it is my all time favorite seat and the Momentum looks even better. I love that it has the pull strap harness adjuster rather than the knobs like the EFTA. The knobs don't work RFing in our van.

Mommy0608

So wait... I'm confused, is the Triumph 65 and the Momentum 65 the same thing, or are they two different new seats? :confused:

By the way, I'm loving my Symphony 65 right now too! :love: It was going to be my back-up for Tyler, but instead it's his primary seat and the True Fit is now the back-up. Of course, this will only work until he outgrows it RF, then if he hasn't hit the weight limit then he'll go back to the True Fit to RF longer. At this point, I can't tell whether he'll outgrow the Symphony 65 by height or weight first.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't think they are discontinuing the Triumph, this is just new. Evenflo hasn't given us a good carseat carpet-bomb in a while now, lol, they were due. (I mean, of course, in past history, they have come out with several versions of lots of seats all at one time, and it's hard to tell them apart).

Mommy0608

I don't think they are discontinuing the Triumph, this is just new. Evenflo hasn't given us a good carseat carpet-bomb in a while now, lol, they were due. (I mean, of course, in past history, they have come out with several versions of lots of seats all at one time, and it's hard to tell them apart).

So the Triumph 65 will replace the regular Triumph Advance and still have the knobs, yes? And the Momentum 65 is kind of like a cross between the EFTA and Symphony 65 and will have a strap adjuster? Sounds like the two seats will be very similar.

SavsMom

Saw a post on another website - says pricing will be between $150 - $200, so pricing sounds fair as well :thumbsup:

NannyMom

I just spoke with Amanda at Evenflo (CSR). There will be a Triumph65 AND a Momentum 65, they are not the same seat. They will both RF to 40 and FF to 65. They were based on the same shell as the EFTA50, so should have the same shell height (she had no measurement for that, and no seat available yet.

They have made slight changes to the nobs on the EFTA65, but she doesn't know what changes. I mentioned that I love the ones on the Gen65, but not so much the EFTA. It will be sold at BRU, Target, Sears, Kmart. It is slated to be in stores between June and Aug, but that's not firm.

The Momentum will be a BRU exclusive. I should be out July-Aug, but BRU hasn't confirmed the order yet, so that could change.

My first question was Momentum release date, and she asked me if there was a specific cover.... I should have asked what the choices were.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, BRU exclusive for a bit. That means it'll come out at a really high price at first and then tumble big time when it hits regular stores. (Makes me wonder, I'm too lazy to google, is the Serenade a BRU exclusive? We never sell one, there's no matching stroller, and they DID realize the straps are way too short and they are going to lengthen them!)

NannyMom

Oooh, BRU exclusive for a bit. That means it'll come out at a really high price at first and then tumble big time when it hits regular stores. (Makes me wonder, I'm too lazy to google, is the Serenade a BRU exclusive? We never sell one, there's no matching stroller, and they DID realize the straps are way too short and they are going to lengthen them!)

Hmm...didn't think about that ;) How long was the CA an exclusive?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC