safe kids seat checks..

MySillyKids

We have one locally, on march 3rd. is there someone i need to call to get an appt? It doesnt say weather it's by appt only,

its in a public place..

But it doesnt say "open to public"

I really wanna get their seats checked.

TIA!

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I think most Safe Kids checks are open to everyone. I don't agree w/ the ones that are ONLY by appt, but I know some have them. Our fliers don't say open to the public, but always are. The only time we do appts (and that's in addition to being open to everyone) is when we have a tech class graduate so we run lik 15 lanes of cars. Have fun!

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I'd double check. If it's on the SafeKids website there should be contact information . . . Maybe call the location where it is to be held. . .

I'm in the town next to Jennifer's. Our events are always by appointment, although we will take "walk-ins." Our coalition found that it's less frustrating and stressful for people (and little kids) to have to wait in a line.

We also do smaller, monthly events with 4-6, 30-45 minute time "slots" (For the last event from 6p-9p, we had appointments for 35 - although in many cases, people come with MORE seats or vehicles than they signed up for).

[We are somewhat size limited because we often use a local car dealer's service area, since in NE the weather can be awful.]

griffinmom

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'd definitely call and find out. Safe Kids checks are done both ways. We have big open checks with no appointments and some that are strictly appointments. At one location in our county, it is by appointment and we take walk ins. At another location, it is only by appointment (no room for walk/drive ins).

Safe Kids checks are done all different ways. There isn't a standard (appt/no appt) for SK checks, so I'd definitely get more info before you go.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC