THank goodness :)

Jennifer mom to my 7

That went better than I thought:)

Recap, my brother was told (by a trooper who is supposed to be a tech at a check/private check, maybe?) that he could use both the harness of an outgrown seat and the seatbelt over it (seat latched in) to get his huge dd used to the seatbelt. THis is what he recommends:rolleyes: THe seat in his wife's car was a chase, his car has a safety first harnessed booster I think. Which she outgrew probably at least a year ago.

After having a small disagreement with my brother, and yelling that I know for a fact that there are seats that will fit his dd, as my dd is still harnessed, he listened to me a bit, and I brought my nautilus for him to try his dd in:D

She has loads of room (for a supposed 48 inch almost 4 year old, anyway). I think she may be a bit shorter, as she doesn't look 4 inches taller than my 43.5 inch 49 pound dd. My dd has maybe .5 inch of harness height left when it is installed in our big van, barely any in the sienna (because of seat recline I think). Niece was maybe over the second to top slot, but might actually be under it!

So, I got him to try it, and we put it in his wife's car, and that is the seat he thinks he will be buying:love: He has had to have been doing some research, as he knows he might want a parkway sg for her when she is booster ready.

Now, a techie question:

When teaching install, whether the parents are going to use latch or seatbelt, are you supposed to go over how their belts lock and latch limits? I ask because I don't think brother knew latch limits, and he did not know his wife's seatbelts locked at the retractor to install seats.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC