My son would rather be harnessed!

kaleigh71

I had decided to try DS in his Nauti in booster mode, just to see how it fit him and let him get some more booster training in. I told him about my plan, and he said to me, "Mommy, when we drive to Nanny's house can I have this (pointing to his harness, he was in his seat at the time) back on?" My mom (Nanny) lives in Georgia, so he knows it is a long drive on a major highway. I was thrilled to hear that, because I have been waiting for him to insist on a "big kid" booster seat like his buddy that rides to school with us.

I guess me telling him often that it is safer has been taken to heart. I wonder if he will change his mind once we get the ProBooster. Hope not, but that will end up being used by his friend in the mornings anyway. :)

ADS

kidnurse

Gotta love when the kids themselves prefer the safer method. I am so sick of hearing "my child is unhappy" if I .....keep them rearfacing...keep them harnessed....keep them buckled. If the child knows no other way then most children are perfectly content traveling...RF-ing, harnessed, buckled. :thumbsup:

Maedze

Our sons are the same age and he emphatically prefers being harnessed. He fits in the Nauti in booster mode beautifully now, and when he turned five I gave him a choice, harness or booster?

Not only does he prefer the harness, he has emphatically declared that he will ALWAYS have a 'buckle seat' and that he doesn't mind his booster in daddy's car but in mommy's car he will just need to have a BIGGER buckle seat when he outgrows the Nautilus.

:rolleyes:

Tough titty, whiny kitty, when you outgrow the Nautilus in harnessed mode, mommy ain't buying a FN85. He's just going to have to deal :cool:

alake

My four year old niece who weighs in at 36 pounds, has been riding in a GN, but wanting to start into a booster, which neither her mom or I think she is ready for. I told her one day that she was much safer in the five point harness, then in a booster like her older cousin (only older by five weeks.) The funny thing is Summer looked at Alyda and told her that she was safer because that she road in racer seat, her words, Alyda was in a backless booster. Alyda's dad heard this, and the last time I looked in his truck, he had a GN for her:D:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC