A good fit 8yo & 6yo- Boosters, Subarus & slim kids?

kiku

After some great suggestions here and hours of research online I went out this morning to look for new seats; couldn't find hardly ANY on my list. :( So I'd like to order something online but it's hard to know what to order that will fit good. If anybody has similarly built kids I'd love to hear what you are using!

Stats are:
DD 8yo: 54" tall, 54 lb, 18" shoulder height, 13" shoulder width. And her seated leg measurement is 16" from back of her bottom to the bend of her knee. She's built like a spider, all arms and legs :p

DS 6yo: 49" tall, 50 lbs, 16.5" shoulder height, 11.5" shoulder width, 13" back of his bottom to knee bend.

I did find the TurboBooster (only looked at it because I had seen many posts including it here) but it seems hard and uncomfortable to sit in for very long. And I found the Nautilus. The other seats on the list are:
8yo: britax PW, monterey & vivo but obviously I will consider anything that fits good and is sturdy and comfy.
6yo: nautilus or booster? When he sat in the Nautilus he only has about 1" left in the harness. Technically he's 6 1/2 I guess and he's a bit wiggly. :rolleyes:

My kids seem slim so I was leaning towards the Britax PW BUT after reading lots of reviews and discussions I've seen more than one that said this seat was uncomfortable for taller kids because of issues with the edge of the seat sloping down-- no leg support, cutting off circulation, etc. So I'm not sure.

We drive a 1996 Subaru wagon, no head rests in the back. It doesn't have latch (seems like it would be a nice extra measure) but we are hoping to replace it as the family car with a newer Subaru fairly soon.

Thanks so much for any help!

ADS

Maedze

Which reviews were you reading? The old PW had a sloping, shallow seat. I believe the new PW SG has a deeper seat that doesn't slope.

DahliaRW

Just to chime in, my ds1 has been in a turbo on many car trips and has not complained about it being uncomfortable. And he is one to complain if anything bothers him!

kiku

Which reviews were you reading? The old PW had a sloping, shallow seat. I believe the new PW SG has a deeper seat that doesn't slope.

I've read all the reviews I could find :} Some from amazon, some from articles here, some from blogs, some from elitecarseats, etc I wish there was a local place I could see one out and just have the kids sit in it for measure. I thought I had seen them in Target but no such luck.

DahliaRW said:
Just to chime in, my ds1 has been in a turbo on many car trips and has not complained about it being uncomfortable. And he is one to complain if anything bothers him!

Thanks! That's good to know. I've seen them show up here a lot which gives me some confidence. After our Britax they seem so light :}

Maedze

I've read all the reviews I could find :} Some from amazon, some from articles here, some from blogs, some from elitecarseats, etc I wish there was a local place I could see one out and just have the kids sit in it for measure. I thought I had seen them in Target but no such luck.

What I'm asking is, it's possible that the reviews that you're reading have nothing to do with the Parkway that's currently on the market.....the old Parkway and the new Parkway are two different seats :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC