Drug dealer hides meth under carseat

scatterbunny

:(

Police dog finds $1,200 in meth under car seat during traffic stop

February 23, 2007

A Salem police drug dog uncovered $1,200 in methamphetamine under the car seat of a suspected drug dealer Wednesday evening, officers said Thursday.

The discovery happened about 8 p.m. during a traffic stop in the 4100 block of Market Street NE, Lt. Steve Bellshaw said.

Street crimes officers had heard that a man was delivering drugs regularly in the city and were searching for a suspect when they stopped him.The officers found no drugs at first.

Then they brought in police dog Jack, who found 48 grams of meth, Bellshaw said.

Keizer resident Neftal Vazquez-Gomez, 24, was arrested on charges of delivery and possession of meth. Vazquez-Gomez also was booked a charge of first-degree child neglect because he had the two-year-old child of his girlfriend in his car.

Police went to the northeast Salem home of his girlfriend, Leticia Ramirez, and took two other children into custody, Bellshaw said. State workers placed all three with a family friend pending an investigation.

Ramirez, 31, was booked on three counts of first-degree criminal mistreatment.

-- Dennis Thompson Jr.

ADS

scatterbunny

What kind of a$$ deals drugs with a child in the car?!? I like to think that at least some drug dealers have some sort of conscience (only sell to adults, maybe? I don't know :rolleyes: ), but to hide drugs under a carseat and have the 2yo in the car is sooooo bad. :(

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Grrrr, talk about misuse. I hate to even think if the children were exposed to meth when it was being cooked or used, too, that stuff is horrible. It's absolutely horrifying that children were involved in any way. :(

scatterbunny

Oh, I know. I can only think that must be the reason the other kids were taken from the girlfriend's home? Being exposed to meth in the home? I read somewhere that to make 1 pound of meth, something like 5 pounds of toxic waste is produced. :(

Amaris

What's even worse is that they bring it across from Mexico in their diapers! DH worked down near the border for a while and they caught people with it in capsules in baby's messy diapers. I can only imagine how long they made the child sit in the diaper just to use it like that:mad:

CrabbyBunchX3

Oh, I know. I can only think that must be the reason the other kids were taken from the girlfriend's home? Being exposed to meth in the home? I read somewhere that to make 1 pound of meth, something like 5 pounds of toxic waste is produced. :(

I had no clue about the toxic waste produced:eek: Thats just horrible!:mad:

What's even worse is that they bring it across from Mexico in their diapers! DH worked down near the border for a while and they caught people with it in capsules in baby's messy diapers. I can only imagine how long they made the child sit in the diaper just to use it like that

I am absolutely disgusted. Poor children, those people ought to be shot.

jennsmile

What is sad is when people buy homes that were meth houses and are exposed without their knowledge. A while back my sil sent me a link to locate houses that had been involved with drugs that had lingering residue. Very scary.

Jenn

skaterbabs

There was a case here a while back in which a woman was shot with her baby in the back seat while her husband tried to buy drugs. :mad:

beebear23

Senior Community Member
What is sad is when people buy homes that were meth houses and are exposed without their knowledge. A while back my sil sent me a link to locate houses that had been involved with drugs that had lingering residue. Very scary.

Jenn

Do you still have that link? I would like to have it..

beebear23

Senior Community Member
There was a case here a while back in which a woman was shot with her baby in the back seat while her husband tried to buy drugs. :mad:

there was a case in my dh's hometown last year(or the year before) where a woman was shot in the front seat of the car(by her bf or H, not sur which), while the toddler was buckled up in the backseat.. In the parking lot of TRU!! The TRU I go to often! I can't remember why he did it though... :(

tjham

Another carseat-sorta-related story. A few days ago, here in the Phoenix area, a man was buckling his baby into the carseat when two cars went by in which the people were arguing. One shot at the other. Of course, they missed and killed the dad. :(

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
At least it was under the carseat -- my abusive ex stole my car so his cousin could do a drug run ... I found out because of the chunk of crack INSIDE the carseat :eek: :mad: This was what pushed me over the edge: I went to the Advocacy Center for help getting Sole Custody! (Luckilly Leila was with me when this situation went down anyway, though)

Jeanum & Amaris, that is soooooo sad :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC