YouTube--HOUDINI infant!

ADS

MySillyKids

WOAH!!!

That didnt look like 5pt tho, was that just an over both shoulders, onto the latch at the bottom?

Cause no way he could do that in a 5pt!!

Thats crazy!!

scatterbunny

Right, it is a three point seat--which is why this is such good evidence that five points are safer, because kids can't wiggle out! ;)

scatterbunny

Yes, the straps do look pretty loose but I think the way he is doing it--lowering his head down, turning sideways--he could still do it even if they were snug. Scary, either way.

Mom needs a new seat regardless, though, it looks like his head is within an inch of the shell.

mominabigtruck

I thought he looked too big for that seat anyways:confused: I had that same seat though, I used it as an extra for the truck. I can't imagine putting my baby in his carseat while I went to the bathroom, he likes to help by handing me toliet paper.

chelle80

It looks like if the straps would have been tighter he wouldn't have been able to get out.

On most 3 points, you can not get the straps tight enough(or at least i can't). This is exactly what Dakota did when he was like 7/8 months old and we were going down the interstate. I know his straps were as tight as they could go.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
He does look too big for the seat & the straps should definitely be tighter ... but at 4 years old Leila could escape from a Parkway with ALR engaged simply by twisting like this -- she understood why NOT to, but felt the need to show me that it is possible (while I was cleaning the interior of my mom's car). It is astonishing, but I agree that it's reason for a 5 point when kiddo is incapable of understand why not to do it in a moving car!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I agree that the baby was too big (or close to too big) for the seat and that the harness needed to be tightened, but still!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

lovinwaves

On most 3 points, you can not get the straps tight enough(or at least i can't). This is exactly what Dakota did when he was like 7/8 months old and we were going down the interstate. I know his straps were as tight as they could go.

Wow, that is another bad thing then about the 3-point. I have never even seen a three-point before let alone got to play with the straps. Do you happen to know why you were unable to get a 3-point safely tight enough?

scatterbunny

Wow, that is another bad thing then about the 3-point. I have never even seen a three-point before let alone got to play with the straps. Do you happen to know why you were unable to get a 3-point safely tight enough?

Here's a pic of Hayley in her three-point Century SmartFit Plus. You can see how the straps seem loose from the chest down. There was no way to tighten it more than that, it was tight at the shoulders. If there were hip straps, it would be been perfect, but because of how the seat is designed, where the harness buckles, it was literally impossible to get it tight on midsection.

And of course, I knew nothing about CPS back then and used an aftermarket head support. :rolleyes:

e4be8ace.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC