Regent or Nautilis?

SuperSafeMama

Which is your fav?

DD is currently in a GN but I an thinking of moving to a Regent. No real reason *why* per se....but I love the girly cover on the Regent :)

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I, personally, would not purchase another harnessed seat for a 7.5yo who is physically and developmentally typical.

steph_s

For a child that age? I would be looking into cool new boosters to start booster training!

I use my Regent for super wide kids, or kids who need that harness height. My nautilus gets used for my average kids.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I would never use a regent unless backed into a corner with no other option. The years of scary, questionable test results and the awful installation, I hate it. Back when it was the only choice to keep a kiid harnessed past a short, 40 lb convertible, it had a place. These days, with the plethora of 17-18.5 inch top-slotted 50-85 lb limited seat that are easier, with awesome test numbers, are far better choices, in my opinion.

I love the nauti. I especially love the crash test nuumbers and videos of it.

a 7.5 year old needs a good booster. I like the new probooster, it looks really nicee, Ialso like the parkway sg, monterey, vivo, new compass 570, and iof course the regular old turbo. (provided that particular booster gavethe correct fit for your child and vehicle, of course)

SuperSafeMama

Should she be in a backless booster?

She can be trusted to sit correctly in her seat. I always just think of safety. If we are in a side impact crash, I feel that she would be safer if she were in a harness, no?

I feel like without the harness and the body of a seat protecting her, she is a sitting duck in an accident.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
A backless booster would be acceptable, but not preferable, IMO. (I wouldn't have a problem with a 7.5yo using a backless for carpools or field trips, for instance, but would rather see a child that age in a highbacked booster most of the time.)

There is no conclusive evidence that a harness is safer than a booster. Nor is there conclusive evidence that a booster is safer than a harness. There is some reason to believe a harness protects better in a side-impact crash, and there is some reason to believe that a harness can be hard on the neck in a front- or rear-impact crash. But the bottom line is that they are both safe and appropriate choices for a 7.5yo child.

(Really, all of us here think about safety quite a bit. You're not the only one.)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Also, good luck finding a Regent, especially a discontinued cover. The whole seat has been discontinued, and they're gone now I believe.

Wendy

SuperSafeMama

Also, good luck finding a Regent, especially a discontinued cover. The whole seat has been discontinued, and they're gone now I believe.

Wendy

Actually, I would be buying this one from someone trusted for only $75. Its in excellent condition and only been used in the second car a handfull of times. It was made in July of 2007, and is a super cute pink cover :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC