Recaro Monza/Probooster Clone Measurements PIC HEAVY!!

Yoshi

Disclaimer: Unless there are minor differences that I am unaware of, the shell and measurements should be identical.

Album here:

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r308/yoshiandluke/Recaro Monza/

Lowest setting shoulder belt guide height: 14" (no pic)

Highest setting shoulder belt guide height: 21"
Seat Pan Depth 11.5- 12"" (curves downward)
Seat width between lap belt guides: 10" (trust me)

Seat Base width: 15.5"

Seat base depth on vehicle seat: 16" from the seat bight

Shoulder wings width (outside edge to outside edge) 20" (Shoulder width in upper wing area: 15")

I forgot to measure max height of seat itself, but it didn't touch the roof of my Civic.

My version has an MP3 cord and speakers in the headrest which are too quite to really use- and I'm not sure if they are broken or not, but we don't use them anyway.

Last edited:
ADS

Yoshi

I just want to add that I also owned a Vivo and I do like the fabric and headrest adjustment better on the Vivo(it was smoother). Other than that, this seat is very nice and I do have a picture of DD in it last year (she was 6) and it is MUCH better in regards to shoulder belt placement compare to the Monterey. I will dig it out later if needed, DH is working from home today and is using that PC with our pics) It is not too roomy or wide in the shoulders, it is just right! We were early adopters of the Monterey and returned it for that reason (shoulder belt sliding off).
HTH!

Yoshi

It's a nice looking seat. Too bad the rigid LATCH option didn't make its way to the US.

I agree- but maybe that's next? I tried to get the Monza Seatfix version, but they were out of stock at the time and my vehicle didn't have LATCH at the time. It isn't that heavy, IMO, not like the Oobr which weighs a freakin' ton and I would never use that w/o LATCH.

pharmdmom

Thanks for going through the trouble of getting these pictures. The width between the arms rests may be a little too narrow for DD, but I may try it anyway.

Yoshi

Thanks for going through the trouble of getting these pictures. The width between the arms rests may be a little too narrow for DD, but I may try it anyway.

How old is your child? My DD is almost 7 yrs old, 53 lbs and 49" tall. She fits comfortably.

pharmdmom

How old is your child? My DD is almost 7 yrs old, 53 lbs and 49" tall. She fits comfortably.

My DD just turned 7 and she is a smidge under 51 inches tall, 65 lbs (so considerably heavier) and has a long torso of 20.5 inches. She's stocky and has so far hated most of the boosters I have tried. :(

Maedze

My DD just turned 7 and she is a smidge under 51 inches tall, 65 lbs (so considerably heavier) and has a long torso of 20.5 inches. She's stocky and has so far hated most of the boosters I have tried. :(

She'd probably be very comfortable in the Monterey :)

lovinwaves

Yoshi, thanks so much for the pictures! Which booster would be best for my DD then? This one or a Vivo? She also needs something that is easy to buckel in and gives her room to be able to see the buckle. The Monterey is awesome about that!

AtTheSouthDam

She is the size of my 6 year old and DD1 loves her Montere. Except for the head wings, they make her hair staticy so we argue about that :rolleyes:

ChristyH

Your DD has basically the exact same measurements as my 7yr old dd, my dd rides in a Monterey and she loves it and it fits her very well.

Yoshi

Yoshi, thanks so much for the pictures! Which booster would be best for my DD then? This one or a Vivo? She also needs something that is easy to buckel in and gives her room to be able to see the buckle. The Monterey is awesome about that!

You know, either one would fit P pretty well, but the Vivo's belt path is covered in fabric (velvet/velour) and is very tight/narrow, my DD couldn't thread it thru easily, but that may just be her:rolleyes: The Probooster has the plastic belt guides and is more open and easier to maneuver around/through.

L

LuciaBella

Did I read that correctly...mp3 player?? Geez! What's next?

Yoshi

I agree with Maedze and the others who said the Monterey would be a good fit for her:thumbsup:

pharmdmom

She'd probably be very comfortable in the Monterey :)

I don't mean to hijack this thread --

I just bought the Monterey for her to ride in my car a few weeks ago. Except for the seat belt twisting in the guide it has been OK. However, the Monterey will not fit in hubby's car (it's too wide for the captain's chair; he had a heck of a time buckling her in) so I am looking for a booster for his car.

Yoshi

I just bought the Monterey for her to ride in my car a few weeks ago. Except for the seat belt twisting in the guide it has been OK. However, the Monterey will not fit in hubby's car (it's too wide for the captain's chair; he had a heck of a time buckling her in) so I am looking for a booster for his car.

Oh, ok- no problem on hijacking;) Is your daughter just averse to sitting in a booster, period? Or is it a specific complaint? I have a Britax Monarch (discontinued) which is also a nice seat for bigger kiddos- probably not as wide as a Monterey. DD has a friend that was your DD's size at age 5 and she is nearly 7 now and still rides in it. Not that it helps you, unless you find one used or on eBay.:(

Maedze

Could you post a picture of the Monterey in the captain's chair? I'm having a hard time envisioning this :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC