Anyone do an install in an Infiniti FX?

kidzndogz

I was explaining my mom about Surelatch today when I went with her to the grocery store (went over to their house for dinner) and how easy it would be for her to put in, so I wanted to steal her car one of these days to go to BRU and test it.

She decided we should go right then. lol.

I've never messed with LATCH in her car. We went inside, I grabbed the Serenade and brought it outside.

OMG the anchors in the FX are completely and utterly stupid. They're so deep in the seat that I have to stick practically my whole hand in there. And not only is it deep, it's deep and forward so its more under the seat cushion.

So of course the Surelatch won't work, because it's rigid and won't bend at an angle to reach the anchors. But I highly doubt ANY LATCH connectors would work out well! Maybe cheapo clips but it would involve a heck of a lot of cussing.

So seatbelt install it is. I didn't try, we had burgers in the car, but her seats are very odd shaped so I have a feeling that will be interesting too.

Why has no one ever come to one of our seat checks in these cars? Jeez.

ADS

Splash

I've done a few vehicles like that, one where I ended up telling the mom that if she wanted it with LATCH, she was gonna have to mangle her hands to get it in there. The last Camry I did was buried SO deep that there is no way I could have used a hook latch (and it never would have come out, either), but I just barely managed to get the alligator clips in there... and they were almost completely swallowed by the seat bight.

I think anchors like that are a passive aggressive way of manufacturers saying "we didn't want to do this, we don't care about your kids, this is a waste of our time and money, so there. We'll comply, but good luck ever using the things."

kidzndogz

I think anchors like that are a passive aggressive way of manufacturers saying "we didn't want to do this, we don't care about your kids, this is a waste of our time and money, so there. We'll comply, but good luck ever using the things."

I agree. My mom's car has a look about it that says, "Kids? What kids? Why don't you leave them at home with the nanny to be seen and not heard while you go to the country club and mingle with snotty white upperclass people who don't care about anything other than themselves and throwing mazel tov cocktails through windows of governors who approve the healthcare bill."

That or Infiniti was dumb and just really blew it on that model.

My mom had that Infiniti when Olivia was born.. it was traded n for a new Sequoia by the time she was 5 or 6 months old....:rolleyes: The SS1 just about fit and the passenger would have less legroom than they would sitting in front of the SS1 in my Beetle! There also wasn't much trunk space because my mom bought a huge stroller/pram and basically once we had the baby and stroller in the car there was pretty much room for one ther person and the driver- we at least comfortably :eek:

I strongly disliked that car for car seats, sorry :(

TXDani

Senior Community Member
The LATCH in our Infiniti sucks too...I never use LATCH in it because they are like you said buried deep and pointing upward making it practically impossible to use with the alligator clips.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC