What is your favorite swaddling blanket?

Kaede's_Mom

I bought a cheep Kiddopotamus swaddling blanket in a pinch on the way home from the hospital. DS has completely outgrown it, and I hate how hot he gets in it. So I am on the hunt for a lightweight one that is large enough for my chunky boy.

So, what is your favorite lightweight swaddling blanket? I have heard some great things about the Aden and Anais ones, but are they really worth the price, are they pretty large? DD hated to be swaddled, so I have no experience with it.

ADS

scoutingbear

Not necessarily a blanket, but :love: the woombie! Have used it on many, many different kids. I like that those that want to suck their hands can get it out and they can still move in it. It is very lightweight.

kaleigh71

Love the A & A muslin swaddling blankets. I live in FL and they are wonderful for our climate. Worth the $$ IMHO. They are very generously sized (huge!) and super lightweight and soft. I have heard that Target has them now but that they are not as nice as the original.

msg221

Love the A & A muslin swaddling blankets. I live in FL and they are wonderful for our climate. Worth the $$ IMHO. They are very generously sized (huge!) and super lightweight and soft. I have heard that Target has them now but that they are not as nice as the original.

I also loved the Aden & Anais muslin blankets. They were lightweight enough for the Phoenix heat for my stepdaughter's twins who were born in July. Definitely large enough as well. I bought them at Target and they are a bit smaller than the originals, but still plenty large to swaddle with.

Kaede's_Mom

Looks like Diapers.com has a decent price on the A and A's. I think I will try them out since they look to be the thinest. DS sweats a ton and it is starting to get pretty humid and hot out.

mykidsmylife

Old Navy had some pretty nice swaddeling blankets a while back. They are big like the A&A blankets. I have 2 or 3 of them and loved them with Seth.

MomE

I bought a cheep Kiddopotamus swaddling blanket in a pinch on the way home from the hospital. DS has completely outgrown it, and I hate how hot he gets in it. So I am on the hunt for a lightweight one that is large enough for my chunky boy.

Just wondering, did you get a cotton one or a microfleece one or something else? My daughter was born in January (two years ago) and the swaddleme fleece blanket was a miracle for her. It was the only way she'd sleep without being held. I usually just had her in a light onesie, wrapped in the fleece swaddlme. I was planning on getting cotton ones for me son who will be born in June, but now I'm wondering if that will be too hot based on what you say here.... We don't have air conditioning.

Kaede's_Mom

Just wondering, did you get a cotton one or a microfleece one or something else? My daughter was born in January (two years ago) and the swaddleme fleece blanket was a miracle for her. It was the only way she'd sleep without being held. I usually just had her in a light onesie, wrapped in the fleece swaddlme. I was planning on getting cotton ones for me son who will be born in June, but now I'm wondering if that will be too hot based on what you say here.... We don't have air conditioning.

It is the micro fleece one. We live in OK and don't our A/C until it is above 90* other wise we go broke lol. He is so hot in it. Last night he wore nothing but a diaper to bed swaddled up and was drenched in sweat two hours later.

Thanks for the sugestions! I ordered the A&A 4 pack from Diapers.com. Should be here soon :thumbsup:

mpk3

Miracle Blanket was the only thing that worked on my kids. We used it way longer than recommended.

Same for us. Our kids loved the Miracle Blanket. They loved it so much that it was hard to break them of the swaddle habit! :D The Miracle Blanket was a lifesaver for us. I buy one for every friend of mine when they have a baby. :thumbsup:

Kaede's_Mom

Well I got my A and A's and they are plenty big, but he has learned how to wiggle just right and get his arm free. Then he trows a fit because his arm is out :rolleyes:.

Looks like I will try to find a miracle blanket for a good price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC