In Search Of Infant Travel Bed

cryswilkins

Something like this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kidco-PeaPod-Indoor-Outdoor-Travel/dp/B000LL1624/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1271349701&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: Kidco PeaPod Plus Indoor/Outdoor Travel Bed, Red: Baby[/ame]

We camp in the summer and need something smaller than the PnP. Please let me know your price I suck at making offers :eek:

ADS

cryswilkins

How big do you need it to be? Do you need it throughout the summer, or just for a weekend or two? (I.e. how often do you go camping?) I have a Fisher Price portable bassinet that you're welcome to borrow. :) (It's not the pattern that was recalled.)

I would probably need it for the summer, we are planning to camp alot. Also, the more that I think about it the totally enclosed one would be good for out of the tent as well so that he is protected form the insect population.

Julie, for the right price I wouldn't really care about color. I just can't spend $70 on one, it seams like highway robbery to me.

ctbcleveland

Crystal,

If you end up getting stuck without a fully enclosed one - I do have the insect netting that is meant to go over a pack n play. You can have it FFS.

ctbcleveland

BananaBoat

I had one that DD hated. We gave it away. I'd just try your DS in one for a nap before buying one because I've yet to personally heard a good story about little ones sleeping well in them :(

monstah

I had one that DD hated. We gave it away. I'd just try your DS in one for a nap before buying one because I've yet to personally heard a good story about little ones sleeping well in them :(

In the PeaPod?
I have one that I use for hotel stays. It usually fits in the bathrooms so the baby can nap during the day with the exhaust fan as white noise and we don't have to walk on egg shells. Being fully enclosed keeps her safe. I never use the inflatable mattress. It doesn't seem comfy (or safe, IMO). Instead, I fold a comforter and put the tent on top of that.

BananaBoat

In the PeaPod?
I have one that I use for hotel stays. It usually fits in the bathrooms so the baby can nap during the day with the exhaust fan as white noise and we don't have to walk on egg shells. Being fully enclosed keeps her safe. I never use the inflatable mattress. It doesn't seem comfy (or safe, IMO). Instead, I fold a comforter and put the tent on top of that.

Yup, the PeaPod. She screamed in that thing for a week - it was horrid. I gave it to a friend, same thing with her DS. Others I've come across since then have all had similarly unpleasant experiences. DD hated being enclosed.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
In the PeaPod?
Not sure if the regular peapod is different, but the Plus has a zip pocket under the floor where you slip the inflated mattress so kids aren't on it/can't roll under it. The folded comforter is a great idea though, if there's one to spare :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC