What size covers and all in ones do I need for cloth diapering

arly1983

DH and I were reading about the chemicals in Disposable diapers and had decided to try the cloth diaper route (to make a very long story short)

What size Bunnis Super Wisper Wraps do we need to get for a 18 lb 6 month old 27 inches and what size for a 31.25 lb 26 month old 34 in?

We will also be buying a couple of pockets for convience. We thought we would get the Mommys Touch pocket diaper because it fits 7-35 lbs. Has anyone used these or would it be better to get the fuzi bunz all in ones?

Any advise would be appreciated. The only person I knew who did cloth was my mother and she suggest I go to walmart and get some gerber prefolds and pins:D

ADS

kangato2roos

You could probably do mediums for your youngest, but the Bummis Super Whisper Wraps mediums don't fit my 20 pound/29 inch 17 month old. He's in large in everything except fuzzi bunz. Besides, you could get larges for both kids and on your younger son just overlap the tabs... I do it all the time with my ds. I figure better to have plenty of growing room than to start out on the small side, kwim?

Personal opinion, but I hate pocket diapers. My dh loves them so we have a few fuzzi bunz (definitely don't buy them, go with another brand of pockets), but I HATE them. I much prefer the good old classic prefold-and-cover route (I rarely use pins, I much prefer snappis or using the cover to hold it in place). It's cheaper, easier to clean, and just plain fun. If you want, get one pocket diaper to try. Find it used for sale to try it out, if you like it, get more. If you don't like it, don't bother.

I love cloth diapering. I hope you will too.

musicmaj

The mediums fit my 18lb 17 month old - but the larges do too with the tabs crossed over. I like the mediums better on him right now because they are trimmer though.

If you go to http://www.nickisdiapers.com/ you can buy one of each size with free shipping and see which ones fit best. I use mostly prefolds and proraps/bummis/dappi pull on covers on my baby and love them.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
Medium for the youngest, probably large for the older. My 34 lb almost 3 y/o can wear a medium, but it's a little short in the rise.

I love pockets! I can stuff as little or much as needed. I've heard great things about Bum Genius one size pockets (I love the BG AIOs). The Mommys Touch ones have way too many snaps for me. I especially like pockets for nights and trips away from home.

GL! We LOVE cloth around here, but ds is almost done with it. On to undies now.

Dillipop

My 20ish pound 28 inch 7 month old is in mediums. With a trimmer diaper, we can even cross the tabs on it. With a nightime one, they still sometimes almost meet. Definitely a medium for your younger one and I am guessing a large for your older child.

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
I'm not a full-time cloth-diaperer, but I love bumGenius diapers. I actually know the woman who invented and manufactures them, but even if I didn't I'd love them anyway. Easy to use and great quality.

I have the one-size bumgenius dipes and they're very flexible in terms of sizing.

abacus2

The bumGenius 2.0 one-size diapers are fabulous:D . Don't even think about another pocket diaper before you try these (I've tried Fuzzi Bunz, Happy Heinys, Drybees, GADs, SnapEZ, Swaddlebees, and Haute Pockets. bumGenius are my very favorites, even over the slightly trimmer fitting sized diapers). Check out Sunshinediapers.com. They offer test drive sets that let you try out everything they have and then return the used diapers for credit to buy what you've found you like. Also, go hang out at the diaperpin.com forums for a while to learn a lot.

Lea_Ontario

My 18-lbs, 26", 11-week old wears premium prefolds in a medium wrap or wool cover, or medium FuzziBunz. I wasn't crazy about the fit of the Mommy's Touch pocket on him.

My 29-lbs 2½ year old was wearing a large FuzziBunz at night for the last 6 months or so.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
We did mostly prefolds/wraps. I loved that system once we got used to cloth diapers. In the beginning, I ordered samples of various diapers - fitteds, all-in-ones, etc. We quickly realized the ease and convenience of just using prefolds/wraps. I didn't care for the all-in-ones at all - too long to dry, too hard to get clean, etc.

However, I did like Fuzzi-Bunz, especially for grandparents, going out for the day, etc. I have a friend who used cloth diapers when her son was in daycare, and she found that they were much more willing to use them when she prestuffed several Fuzzi-Bunz and stuck them in his bag rather than sending him in with prefolds/wraps.

Good luck - and congrats for making the switch :D (We've been out of diapers for two years and I'm out of town so I don't have access to our stash right now to check the sizes for you, so I'm hesitant to comment on which size(s) would be best)....

arly1983

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Its nice to know I am not the only one out there doing this. You should see the weird looks I am getting. Anyway. I got a two starter sets with 5 whisper wraps, one in med and one in large (they come with the prefolds and snappis) at little-lions.com. I am probably going to try one bumGENIUS 2.0 and one fuzibunz and then order more of what I like(because they are pricey). I talked to the grands and they said we don't mind changing him in cloth, thats what we used on you. I am a home daycare provider so I don't have to worry about that. My husband is the one that will need the pockets (no patience). We are hoping this will help Jackson's eczema in the diaper area. Now we have decided to switch Camille to glass baby bottles and are looking into Organic Formula(Soy). The more you read the scarier it is. I wish with all my heart I would have told them I was going to continue breastfeeding her( she has duarte-galactosemia, its classic that you can't have breastmilk, but it takes a couple months for the test that tells you what kind) Anybody know anything about organic formula?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member

racesmom

Senior Community Member
The nice thing about the Bum Genius is they're one size so both babes can use them. If we had two in dipes I'd want something they could both use. Soooo much easier at folding time.

arly1983

AdventureMom,
My mom actually (have to tell you I come from an organic, all natural family) not a couple of days ago was asking me about her formula. She was saying that she thought she read that too much soy has dangorous side effects and that we should go organic milk-based. Thanks for reminding me. I called my doctor (he was oncall). He said with the Duarte Galactosemia, she has no special diet so any formula is ok. My husband was livid about making her formula so I guess it will be an improvment over soy isomil. So I guess we will be going organic milk based. We are on WIC but I mainly get the milk to feed my daycare kids as Jackson is intollerant of cows milk and soy (he gets rice milk with calcium/vitmins daily and lots dark green veggies) This is one of those things I havn't been able to think about until now. The last seven months have been so overwelming. Jackson was breastfed so I never thought about formula. Thanks

didymama

DH and I were reading about the chemicals in Disposable diapers and had decided to try the cloth diaper route (to make a very long story short)

What size Bunnis Super Wisper Wraps do we need to get for a 18 lb 6 month old 27 inches and what size for a 31.25 lb 26 month old 34 in? I HATE THE BSWW. PRORAPS ARE FAR BETTER AND ONLY $4.50 EACH IF YOU WRITE/CALL THE COMPANY FOR SECONDS. MEDIUM MOST LIKELY, MAYBE LARGE. IMSE VIMSE ARE ALSO GOOD. AND MOTHEREASE RIKKI.

We will also be buying a couple of pockets for convience. We thought we would get the Mommys Touch pocket diaper because it fits 7-35 lbs. Has anyone used these or would it be better to get the fuzi bunz all in ones? I USE THEM AND WITH THE PROPER STUFFER THEY ARE GREAT! use microterry inserts or folded flats. i also use prefolds, but that is bulky.

Any advise would be appreciated. The only person I knew who did cloth was my mother and she suggest I go to walmart and get some gerber prefolds and pins:D
[/COLOR]

sorry for the caps, trying to make it easier to figure out what i was saying.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC