On Line Stores in CA

humenz

Hi all,

Just wondering if I could ask for some advice please.

We’re coming over to Canada to see family for an extended period and have decided to get a Radian for use while we are there, with the idea being that we can use it for travel in the future and use it as a second seat at home. The plan would be to order it on line and have it delivered to the in-laws so that when they pick us up from the airport they can already have it installed.

The only thing is we’re not sure what the best online retailers are to look at in Canada. Could anyone suggest any please?

Thanks

Ben

ADS

mommycat

Certainly. I would check out snugglebugz.ca as they are a sponsor of this forum, and I have also had good service from babyproofingplus.com, dearbornbaby.com, and tummiestotots.com. There are others, but those come to mind first, for me, because I have ordered from them.

A couple of questions for you as well, though:
- what vehicle do your inlaws drive? (and the vehicle you want it in at home)
- will it be RF of FF and how old/heavy/tall is your child?
- where are they located?
- how handy are your ILs at reading instructions and wrestling a large, heavy seat into the car

I ask because as you may have read, the Radian can at times (though not always) be a beast to install and depending on the ILs and the vehicle it might be a good idea to set up a meeting with a tech (or go to a seat clinic) to have a bit of help with learning the install. That way you would know that the seat is in well and you don't need to reinstall at the airport after a long trip.

amyd

Snugglebugz would be my top pick as well. Ben (the owner) is a tech on here and is great to deal with from what I understand. Almost anywhere should offer free shipping on a Radian.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I second Snugglebugz. Free shipping, great customer service.

What city are you flying into? The Radian can be a tough install for some parents, so it might be worth having a tech work with your family before you arrive. Nothing like re-installing a carseat after an exhausting flight :(

-Nicole.

humenz

Hi guys.

Thanks very much for the information.

As for your questions Cat,

- what vehicle do your inlaws drive? (and the vehicle you want it in at home)
No idea what the in-laws drive to be honest. I think they have an F150 but would need to check about that and their other car. We will be hiring a Ford Escape (or similar as per rental company) for most of our time there though and have a Rav4 (08) back home.

- will it be RF of FF and how old/heavy/tall is your child?
Definitely rear facing. Our daughter is quite small for her age (one and half). At a best guess I would say 75 cm in height (though this may not be very helpful for back size) and by that stage maybe 11kg. As a comparison she is still on the lowest setting in her Multi-tech but I expect she would have gone up one level by then.

- where are they located?
They are based in Prince George. Idea is to fly directly there and spend a few weeks with them, then fly to Vancouver and travel around for another 3 or 4 weeks.

- how handy are your ILs at reading instructions and wrestling a large, heavy seat into the car
Not to sure. To be honest I just expected I would need to set the seat up once we arrived (having read over the manual and all the posts on that great forum first).

Cheers

B

mommycat

Awesome, sounds like you have thought it all through pretty well. I would ask about their vehicles and check the Radian Successful Install thread and the forum in general to see if people have had issues or success(+tricks) with installs in those vehicles. If you did need any help at some point, you could check the forum for BC techs; I think there aren't too many, and I can only remember QuassEE being in BC, somewhere. Or, you can use the ILs computer and post your questions here. :D

LittlePeanut

I also vote for SnuggleBugz for service. If they want to buy the seat more "locally" and get in person help, I hear TJ The Kiddies Store is good for that. They are based in Vancouver, Kitsilano, Surrey, Kelowna and Victoria. None of those are actually "close" (8+ hours drive) to Prince George but if they are planning a trip in the nearish future, it's an option.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I would avoid TJs Kids--although they do have more stores than Baby's World in Coquitlam, I would recommend Baby's World for anyone in/around the Vancouver area. TJs Kids likes to give misinformation and then argue with techs about how they're giving accurate information to their customers. Ballsy.

-Nicole.

LittlePeanut

I would avoid TJs Kids--although they do have more stores than Baby's World in Coquitlam, I would recommend Baby's World for anyone in/around the Vancouver area. TJs Kids likes to give misinformation and then argue with techs about how they're giving accurate information to their customers. Ballsy.

-Nicole.

:eek::thumbsdown:

Oh good to know. Thanks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC