Evenflo Serenade

kaleigh71

Pics added below. Just wanted to give some quick non-CPST observations.

I put DD2 in it. She was 34 inches at last measure, 25.5 pounds. I was able to get her buckled by moving the buckle to the outermost slot and harness height as high as it would go, and had about 1 inch left of harness length.DD2 is by no means chunky but her shoulders were pretty tight in it. They put a limit of 32 inches on it, I don't see how any kid could make it unless they are all legs. She had less than 1 inch of shell.

Other things:

Pros:

Well padded with a nice head support
Cute neutral pattern, nice fabric
Will fit teeny babies well
Huge vented shade, biggest I've seen
Chest clip is small, great for newborns
SureLATCH seems nice
8 year expiration

Cons:

The harness adjuster - I just don't like it, doesn't give me a secure feeling, I feel it slides too easily
Buckle tongs move freely...I hate digging for them
Shade is flimsy feeling
The handle rule, though this doesn't bother *me* so much as it would some with smaller cars
Didn't seem to have a lot of room width-wise for larger babies
Harness straps are very close together at the shoulders

All in all, I don't think it is a bad seat by any means, just not what I am looking for. I admit I have been spoiled by the fit and finish of the seats I have (and especially by the KF30) so this just seems to be lacking in many ways.

100_3250.jpg

100_3249.jpg

100_3248.jpg

100_3247.jpg

100_3242.jpg

This is how much harness is left with DD2 in the seat.

100_3245.jpg

I also forgot to add I don't like how narrow the harness is on her neck. It does not come with any kind of pads, I am assuming this is because of the red tabs.

100_3244.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

TerisBoys

Unless the cover is poofed up a bit at the top of the seat, she looks like she's right at the 1" mark for height.

That harness is narrow, but should fit newbs nicely - one problem some seats has is harness slipping off the shoulders because they're too wide.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Wow.....that canopy is HUGE. It does seem like a nice seat. I don't like the handle rule, simply because it is so frequently a mis-use.

Susan

steph_s

I like this seat in a few ways and wish car seat manufacturers would take some notes.
-The canopy I have to agree is awesome! I mean what is the point of some of the canopy's out there when they don't shade the baby at all?
-I love the infinite harness adjuster just for the mis-use end of things. People are far less likely to mis-use a seat with an infinite harness adjuster.
-I love the small chest clip and have wondered for years why manufacturers don't include 2 clips with their seats. 1 small one like that for small babies and 1 larger one for when their neck gets squished.
-I also love the pattern on this seat. Something that is more boy-ish without being super tacky or really baby-ish.

Too bad it's an evenflo seat and it has that stupid handle rule plus I don't trust evenflo's infant seats since more than half of their recall list is infant seats.

kaleigh71

Unless the cover is poofed up a bit at the top of the seat, she looks like she's right at the 1" mark for height.

It may be hard to see, but she measured at less than 1 inch. She does have a fairly long torso, though. She outgrew the KF30 by height at less than a year.

I really do love the size of the shade, especially here in FL.

kaleigh71

-I love the small chest clip and have wondered for years why manufacturers don't include 2 clips with their seats. 1 small one like that for small babies and 1 larger one for when their neck gets squished.

I was thinking the same thing about manufacturers adding a large and small clip.

babyherder

Well I like the colors but it reminds me of a bee hive. I have bee issues so I couldn't have a kid in one cause I would be too distracted by it in the back of my car! It kind of freaks me out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC