We went to USA Baby (pic heavy)

barnmama25

The kids and I headed to USA Baby today to play with car seats and strollers (not sure if I can post stroller pics here?). I took lots of pictures for you guys to oogle over (sorry nothing installed in the car).
First the Chicco Keyfit Strada:
Highest setting (I think this was the narrowest setting)
joui.jpg

Smallest width setting (head rest set at his shoulders, not lowest setting)
tyty.jpg

Widest setting at his height
dfgdfgfgdfg.jpg

Britax Parkway SG at his current height (sorry didn't note what notch it was on)
cgf.jpg

Highest setting
asda.jpg

SK Monterey Booster highest & widest setting
45yt.jpg

Narrowest setting
hgfdgfdfds.jpg

All three lined up, highest and narrowest
gfhgfh.jpg

Highest and widest
ererdsf.jpg

Highest setting on the Frontier 85 in harness mode, my son is 5 y/o & 65lbs, the arm rests were useless to him (not sure on the height right now, but I can get that if anybody wants)
hjk.jpg

kjl.jpg

Highest setting on my almost 4 y/o 41lbs dd
hjkhj.jpg

dfgdfgfd.jpg

At her height (don't mind the nukie)
jklkjl.jpg

ADS

barnmama25

*Continued
Graco Snugride35 in Maddox from the Travel System, it does not have a plush cover, just a plush insert.
67.jpg

Graco Snugride35 in Maddox with no travel system, it does have the plush on the sides (brown parts) of the cover.
hk.jpg

Peg Perego infant seats at the highest (Cacao- brown) and lowest (Kiwi-green) setting. The brown cover was a leather like on the main cover, and a cottony fabric on the insert. I want to say the brown cover was like the highchair covers?
rt.jpg

Graco Snugride in Juliette, the pink satin was pretty cute
fg.jpg

Cowmoo Chaperone, this cover is not plush like the original Cowmoo covers.
vf.jpg

Up close detail
jk.jpg

Chicco Keyfit in Bella
ty.jpg

Up close detail on the charcoal black parts
gh.jpg

The new Chicco Cortina double stroller
GetAttachmentjpg2.jpg

GetAttachmentjpg1.jpg

Miro Up close
trgdfgds.jpg

yujfs.jpg

Graco Myride in Chandler (looked lighter in person, but that could just be this computer monitor too)
dfgdfgffds.jpg

And a little something I must find a way to fund
34.jpg

OMG best double stroller EVER!! I could not believe how easy this thing pushed and turned. It was like butter. And despite how crushed Caleb looks, he actually fit quite well in the seat and the canopy went way over his head when pulled out.

That's all I have today, I hope you enjoy!!!

Last edited:

jesster

Fun! Did you go to the store in Richfield? I may have to go tomorrow during preschool :D

What kind of stroller is that? I am so not in the know on strollers... thx!

barnmama25

Yes we were in Richfield, it was DEAD, we were the only customers there. Sorry I forgot to say what the stroller was!! It's the 2010 Baby Jogger City Elite double. I wasn't in the market for a new stroller, but with both of them still fitting in this one and the ease of use (I even jogged with it, it was so light and smooth!!) I really really want this now!! The never flat tires are amazing!! We tried a couple strollers with the tires that you have to fill with air and I didn't like them, they were so hard to push and the tires were so squishy and just didn't hold up well under all the weight. I also tried the tandems they had with both the kids, I now remember why I didn't like them when the kids were younger. The are so heavy and hard to steer, I would never get a tandem if I had two kids close in age again. But with that being said, the BJCE was $650 and it's way out of my price range right now!!

Misty-Bug

good pictures.

if I were you I wouldn't spend the money on a double stroller. Your son is sitting sideways and doesn't really fit. Even your daughter looks squished. Your son is at like a maximum height. I would do a single if you must. I think your son is too old and big for it. :twocents:

barnmama25

good pictures.

if I were you I wouldn't spend the money on a double stroller. Your son is sitting sideways and doesn't really fit. Even your daughter looks squished. Your son is at like a maximum height. I would do a single if you must. I think your son is too old and big for it. :twocents:

I wouldn't normally think of buying this stroller, but I am too paranoid to let him ride his bike along side me while I push Evie in the Valco Runabout I currently own (we live right off of a major highway). I probably wont get it, but I can always dream of owning the perfect stroller after my children have outgrown it (or help convince any lookers on here to at least try it out with their children that do fit, seriously it's that nice).
Here is a picture of him under the canopy. The first picture really is deceiving. The back rests were not at the right height, they weren't even buckled up and they wouldn't sit still. He loved the stroller and kept going back to it to sit in it, he thought I was buying it. :rolleyes: Oh well anyways here is the pic.
45.jpg

Misty-Bug

he does still look squished though, sorry to say.

make him wear a helmet and stay on the inside away from the road to ride his bike. They are nice strollers though. I got a Bob over that myself but did like those as well

barnmama25

He has a helmet, but on the other side of the highway is a lake, so I'm not sure which one is safest. I have to go a half a mile on either side of the lake to get to the trail that runs through town or to a side street with less traffic. And he does look squished, but he did fit and I was SHOCKED at how well it handled with the weight. We tried the BOB too, it did not handle well with the weight.
I should have bought it when they were younger. I have had over 10 strollers since my son was born 5 years ago. Buying this sooner would have saved me from half of those purchases. Live and learn though right?

Last edited:

jesster

Wow that is a pricey stroller! I am not a runner so I have no reason to buy something that fancy - but it sounds awesome! The most I do (or will do after this baby is born) is stroll around MOA or Lake Nokomis :) and I'll probably just leave the big boys with daddy and put the baby in a Moby or Beco for that. (Totally OT but I am so excited to baby wear again!!)

Madeline410

What a fun trip! We're always the only ones in the Richfield USA Baby, too. I walk in and their faces say "Oh joy, crazy car seat lady is here to try 8 million seats in her car again" :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC