Pics of my big ol baby in the KF 30

fyrfightermomma

I know I posted a few weeks ago about my son outgrowing the KF30 way before I was ready for him to do. Many people sent links of pics of their own children and assured me I probably have more time than I think. I kept intending to post pics to show him, but I kept forgetting.

I kinda forgot about it then but today I had the sun shade and shower cap cover off and put him in to pick E up from school. And I realized that I may possibly have been right. This kid is huge! It's like he grew overnight and now he REALLY fills out the seat. He's already on the top slots

So here are pics of my giant torsoed no legged strangely proportioned child! He turned two months last Friday. He is 27" tall and about 15 pounds. He wears 6-9 month clothes.

So..... uhhh how much time do I have left?? He's TWO months old!!! I have pics of my other kids in it at like 2 years old and they had *just* outgrown it. I know he still has time left, but don't most 2 month olds have way more room than him left?

101_2887.jpg

101_2888.jpg

101_2889.jpg

101_2893.jpg

ADS

hel

I wouldn't want to say definitively, since a) I'm no expert and b) he might fit differently in the car, I thought I understood, but I will say that (if you're following the 1 inch rule rather than the 2 inch thing people were talking about after the TC videos), were he my child and he fit like that in the car, too, I'd figure I'd have a bit of growing room yet. Like maybe an inch?

However, really I posted to squee over your absolutely gorgeous baby. He's adorable! (My daughter has the same overall length and weight, but she's 5 months old, and evenly distributed between torso and legs, I think.. she's currently about 3 inches to the top of the hard shell on her Mico...)

melniemi

aww...yeah, he's really, really big. lol My 9 mon old has more room than that and my 3y2m old buckled herself into it the other day, her head is even with the top, but well....she's 3! :p
P1040352.jpg

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
What a cutie! Do you have an extra convertible? I think you might need it soon, but he could surprise you and sprout legs or not.

I felt sure that Nicholas was going to outgrow his KF22 around 4-5 months, so I went ahead and switched him to a convertible. He used the KF until 11.5 months occassionally.

That said...Nicholas is 30", 20 pounds, 9 oz at 15.5 months. I had 12-18 month gymbo pants on him and had to take them off because they were falling down...not to mention too long. He's wearing 18-24 month shirts/bodysuits.

Susan

fyrfightermomma

No, I have no seat for him. He was supposed to fit in this wayyyy longer. Guess its time to start looking in swap. I have no clue what to get him. I need a lower cost convertible(i despise the scenera though). Normally Id pass down seats but S still needs her Radians and E still needs her seats. We normally only do RFing MAs and Radians, but we cant afford two of those any time soon

so Im guessing its pointless to buy a CCO for him? *sniff* ive so wanted one ever since I got pregnant. Then I went and had a huge baby LOL

melniemi

I think I'd look at a MyRide for him. I think he'd fit well. You could put the two rf'ers on one side of the van, E on the other in the third row, and store the captain's chair in front of E. That way you can climb right in to buckle all 3 and you don't have to worry about a TA.

Mommy2Marcus

I agree with the My Ride suggestion. It is a great seat that I absolutly loved, even better than my MA. It is deffinatly a good seat that should fit him well. I think there might even be one in swap.

barnmama25

Oh wow!!! Does he scoot down more when he is buckled in and it is in the car? He fits like my daughter did at ten months. What a cutie he is!!!
I don't know what to suggest for a convertible. I'm interested in seeing those new Evenflo convertibles that RF to 40lbs and what the price points will be (has that been discused somewhere?)
What is the max you can afford for a new seat? I would say he has a couple months left in this seat, but thinking about and saving for that convertible is definitely going to happen sooner for you (sorry)!!

essnce629

I have a long torsoed baby too, but he just outgrew his Keyfit30 at 9 months and 30" long. I think the Keyfit30 may have a "tiny bit" taller shell right? I think you have a few more months. Here's my son the very last time he sat in the Keyfit-- the day we got his TFP seat.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236-1.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

And here he is in his new TFP which I thnk is great for long torsoed babies.

IMG_0243-2.jpg

abigaylebelle

Awww! Such cute LOs on this thread! OP I think it looks like 2-2.5 inches above his head. I imagine that won't last too terribly long for a two month old. I think I'd be looking for something with a tall shell if at all possible.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Heehee. You have a bit of time, as long as his torso slows down a bit;) You might get to 6 months. He seems big all over:love:

So, I have to add ds again:love:
IMG_4265_1.jpg

3 months old. Don't mind the loose straps, I had done an experiment with a sherpa fleece bunting.

IMG_4251_11.jpg

As you can see, he didn't like it:whistle: He was about 14 pounds and 24 inches.

Chameleon

I think he can definitely come down more in the seat. If you look at all the other pictures of the kids buckled in the the seats their bums are in line with the belt guides and your LO is not. I think if you buckled him you will find you have more room.

Auntie2six

I have a long torsoed baby too, but he just outgrew his Keyfit30 at 9 months and 30" long. I think the Keyfit30 may have a "tiny bit" taller shell right? I think you have a few more months. Here's my son the very last time he sat in the Keyfit-- the day we got his TFP seat.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236-1.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

And here he is in his new TFP which I thnk is great for long torsoed babies.

IMG_0243-2.jpg

OMG! Look at him, is he handsome or what!!

pastrygirl

My son has a very long torso, and I just tried him in my KF30. He's just at the 1-inch mark. He is 7.5 months old, 22+ pounds. I'm not sure how tall he is. I took pics of him in it and also the CCO. Will start a thread soon with pics. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC