A 3 across comparison in my Jetta Wagon pic heavy

dmpmercury

I went to BRU today and tried the keyfit 30, snug ride and baby trend infant seats to see how they fit in my Jetta behind the driver side with enough room for my tall dh. I brought a cosco scenera that is being used in my spare vehicle and I am thinking of keeping it in there instead of my original plan of using it for my ds more upright and having the baby use the radian. I like the infant seats in the car because it is easier to access the middle seat but they don't fit with a base.

I took pictures of the seats installed in my vehicle. They only fit without the bases. I like how the baby trend fits the best. I read in the manual that the all the way down rocking position is ok or behind the seat. I like it in the rocking position. It fits the other way but I don't know if how it sits on the seat is ok. The keyfit didn't have a manual so I wasn't sure on handle positions. It won't fit if it had to go behind the seat but it does upright.

Baby trend with handle behind the seat
DSC05029-1.jpg

DSC05028.jpg

DSC05029.jpg

DSC05031.jpg

Babytrend in rocking position
DSC05020-1.jpg

DSC05022.jpg

Keyfit
DSC05010.jpg

DSC05012.jpg

Snugride
DSC05013-1.jpg

DSC05015.jpg

Cosco Scenera
DSC04858.jpg

They were all tight but I never installed a infant seat before and I wasn't sure if the bases were sitting on the seat ok and if the angles are correct. I didn't remove the radian but I think they will be tight when I do so. The cosco was installed independently and checked. I think the picture was before that installation though.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The Keyfit is too upright and less than 80% of it is on the vehicle seat. Unless you can push it in toward the seat back and recline it a bit more, you'll have to strike it from your list. The trick to installing infant seats without the base is to use the side of your knee to push toward the back of the car while you tighten the seat belt. Since you do this with baby IN the seat, use one hand to press the car seat down, one side at a time, while you are tightening.

dmpmercury

How does the baby trend and snugride look? I actually like the fit of the baby trend the best which suprised me since I heard the keyfit and snugride would probably fit the best.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The BT looks ok; the SR might be too reclined? Hard to tell... The Keyfit allows handle in any locked position.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC