Evenflo 3-in-1 with strange harness

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
I was coming out of the Y tonight and saw a car sitting outside the door. Dad was in the car, car was running, and there was a baby in a car seat so I looked. Baby was maybe 11 mos if that! Anyway, his straps were terribly twisted and loose (baby was playing with them). I asked the dad to roll down the window and told him. He said he couldn't figure out how to tighten it. I looked. It was odd.

The harness looked to be a continuous loop. There was no front adjuster between the legs. There was an adjuster on the right side under the chest clip. I didn't even get a chance to play with it. The baby kept screaming when I'd get near so I gave up. Sticker on side had a date of 12/06, but I couldn't look enough to see a DOM.

Any idea what seat this may be? It is an Evenflo. It is a 3-in-1 and had the belt guides on each side.

The older kid, 3, was in a booster. I should have taken down the license plate number and called it in. I told her that it is illegal. She said he was too big and that the baby needed the other seat. Ugh!

ADS

Maedze

It sounds like a combination seat, not a 3-in-1, and that harness adjuster is standard on many Evenflo combination seats (Chase, Express, etc.). It's pretty simply to use :)

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
Yes, it is a Chase. You were right. Thanks! Strange adjuster. Seems like a PITA. Like I said the kid wouldn't let me get near him. I told the dad about taking out the slack and how to tighten. No one I know has a Chase nor have I seen one at a check. I see lots of ETAs, Sceneras, AOEs, and others. Most friends have Triumphs or different Britax seats.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
yep, it's a combo seat.
The adjuster is actually super awesome...dd used one of those seats for a little over a year, we loved it.

jaded

I liked the adjuster too(had one for oldest for a little while) and when I hear people complaining about their kids moving the chest clip down to get out of the harness, I recommend the seat(or the latest version of the seat) since the harness adjuster keeps the chest clip up at least close to an acceptable level.

Mommy0608

Yeah, they aren't that hard to adjust but in my experience, it's hard to get them small enough for the teeny kiddos... maybe it was about as small as it would go, since you say the kiddo was probably not even 20lbs?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC