Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Breathable crib bumper pads

Does anybody have these? How do they attach to the crib?? Do they fit all cribs? DD only uses her crib to play in, but lately she has gotten her legs stuck between the rails.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Breathable crib bumper pads

I have two * swap* they velcro on the corners. They are suppose to fit all cribs. I used the main section on a mini crib before I was told licensing says no bumpers.

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

CPS Fanatic

We had one. It was by the big company, breathable baby? Is that the name? It had one large piece and one smaller for those with a dropside crib, but worked on our non-dropside as well, and you wove it through the slats following the directions and the ends fastened using velcro. I think they work with most cribs. We used it with DD1 because DH was worried about her little limbs getting stuck through the slats and we had read about the risks of traditional bumpers. It wasn't as cute as the traditional bumpers, but it worked.

We opted for one of these rather than the traditional bumper. (I actually used the bumper that came with our crib set as a decoration around the top of the wall.)

As pp's have said, it fastens with heavy duty velcro on the ends. Ours had the one big length and one small length. We only used the long piece and left the other side open (we wanted to still be able to see DS in his crib without having to come all the way into the room). DS seemed happy with it. It kept my little scooter's legs and feet from coming out of the sides. I always felt safe using it. We removed it around the time he was able to pull up on the sides of the crib.

My only complaint was that the "Sage" color (BreathableBaby brand) we registered for/got was more like bright spring green than sage. It still looked just fine with our set (luckily), but it was not sage by any stretch of the imagination.

Senior Community Member veggiegirl228's Avatar

We have one as well. Bought it at Walmart.com (breathable baby) and worth the piece of mind. No stuck limbs and was breathable.
    Jennifer, SAHM to DD, 9.9 yrs old, 4'7", 73 lbs. Current ride is Safety 1st Incognito

We have one and used it for a very short time. We ended up taking it off when dd kept getting her arms and legs caught in them. We opted to have nothing and no issues with either kids getting stuck. They learn quickly.
    ~ Laura ~
    CRST-I & Mom to DD#1 November 2005 & DD#2 May 2008 and DD#3 August 2013

I bought one after my 5mo old daughter got her foot in the rails. It velcros onto most regular full size cribs. It's been working for us since we bought it 2 months ago and I am happy with it.

Yes to all of the PPs. We have a white one I ordered from Walmart.com. I didn't really like how the other colors looked when I scouted them out at BRU. The white one looks classier IMO and goes well with our white crib.
    Registered Nurse, BSN and Mommy to
    A ~ FF in Recaro Probooster, 8
    J ~ FF in Radian 80, 5
    B ~ FF in Radian XTSL, 3
    A ~ Keyfit 30, 1

I bought a set and love it! Thanks for the replies.