What should I do? Help me think

Cilia

I have a Roundabout from 06 (if I remember correctly), a MA from 05 and an EFTA from late 07 and a SR22. The newest one is thus the EFTA. I doubt dh will ever drive with the two DDs in his car, so we only need one seat for his car, if any and he has the MA in his right now. I have the Roundabout and the SR in my Matrix. I really do like the EFTA, but it is very bulky and I cannot have that in my car if I want to make room for one more adult in the back seat.

My parents live in Sweden and I have one car seat in Sweden. I will have to bring one more when I go this summer and I have been thinking about leaving one seat there. The seat I planned on bringing was the EFTA due to its bulkiness (my parents have a Volvo S60) but also its lifespan. DD2 will go in the Swedish seat from 06 and by the time we need to get rid of that one I am planning on putting DD1, who is now 3.5, in a booster for the few weeks that we are there.

I know DD2 will have to move out of her SR sometime "soon". I know the MA will be out of the picture in about 1,5 years and the Roundabout might have another year (2,5 years). DD1 will soon, well maybe, have outgrown the Roundabout.

I want more room in my car, so I' thinking about getting a RN for DD1. She is skinny and not very tall. By the time the Roundabout has to go (in 2-2,5 years), DD1 might be ready for a booster (harnessed) so DD2 could inherit the RN. Otherwise we would have to buy a new seat for DD2.

So, if I buy a Radian I will have a seat that will last us a long time here and two seats with my parents. I would also have a seat that works well with the RN. If I don't buy a new seat for DD1 now, we'll get by for at least another year.

Is it dum to leave the EFTA in Sweden? By leaving it there I would not have to bring a seat every time I go over there, but I am loosing a seat here. But it is very hard to use the EFTA when I need to put 2 kids and 3 adults in the car...

Does the above make any sense? Input please:)

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
But what are your children riding in during the flight?
I must say though...that if I had parents living in Sweden, it's very likely that I would be using a Swedish seat to RF in the US.

Susan

Cilia

But what are your children riding in during the flight?
I must say though...that if I had parents living in Sweden, it's very likely that I would be using a Swedish seat to RF in the US.

Susan

Sad to say they will most probably not be in any seats on the flight. I cannot deal with two kids, entertainment for on the plane, luggage for five weeks, stroller and car seats all by myself. And DD2 will be a lap seat child so there would not be a seat available for a possible car seat for her.

About using a Swedish seat - I know hardly anyone would be able to figure it out, but I have a really hard time doing something illegal... Even if it is safe(r)

Jan06twinmom

I wouldn't take a car seat as checked luggage. I just read another thread about someone's Radian getting destroyed by the airline. In this other situation, the airline paid the cost of replacing the seat, but I think some airlines make you sign something saying that if the car seat is damaged, they won't replace it. I also worry about a seat being damaged or the safety being compromised by airline mishandling, but not being able to see the damage.

So the options I would consider are 1) take the EFTA and use it on the airplane for the older child. Then leave the seat there. 2) have family buy a new seat in Sweden that I would use while I was visiting.

If you don't want to travel with the EFTA, could you get a Cosco Scenera or Avenue to use as your travel seat on the plane and then leave it in Sweden. This will only work if ODD fits in the seat - but if she fits in the Roundabout, she should fit in at least the Avenue.

Melanie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC