I'm giving a talk. Need stats...

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I've been asked to give a talk to Hubby's soldiers on Sunday. I'm happy to do so, but this will be the first time I'm doing something like this all on my own. I will have access to a laptop (computer) and projector, so I can do photos & talking point slides. I have a couple of seats that I will bring as props, but not a whole lot else. I have up to an hour to cover anything I want. I have the beginnings of an outline started, and I'll want some feedback on it sometime tomorrow.

The first thing I need right now, however, is stats. I know things have changed a bit since I took the course, and I'd like to stay up to date. So, what are the numbers you'd rattle off to get peoples attention (#1 cause of death, misuse rate, etc)?

ADS

JaRylan

Wishing you the best of luck with your presentation. If you have the laptop and projector you could show crash videos. I have not stats and facts for you though. :(

CrabbyBunchX3

frontal and frontal offset crashes combine for about 72% of severe crashes. Side impacts are about 24%. Rear and rear offset crashes only account for about 4%. (crashtest.com)

southpawboston

frontal and frontal offset crashes combine for about 72% of severe crashes. Side impacts are about 24%. Rear and rear offset crashes only account for about 4%. (crashtest.com)

i think you meant 14% rear and rear offset. side impact alone is 16%.

angle468NEW.gif

CRS

Senior Community Member
You're not the person that sent a message about the RF video are you?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Percentage Decline in Fatality Rates (1987-2000)

Ages 0-1: 21%
Ages 1-4: 34%
Ages 5-9: 1%
Ages 10-14: 11%

Means that safety campaigns have been successful in keeping children safer, except for ages 5-9. Parents are still either skipping the booster phase and going straight to an adult seatbelt, or putting kids in a booster too early when a 5-pt-harness should still be used for many of these children.

(source: http://gmtv.feedroom.com/ifr_main.j...2e3adax1109a279351x63d0&rdm=192374.7883740734)

Good luck with your presentation :)

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
Percentage Decline in Fatality Rates (1987-2000)

Ages 0-1: 21%
Ages 1-4: 34%
Ages 5-9: 1%
Ages 10-14: 11%

Means that safety campaigns have been successful in keeping children safer, except for ages 5-9. Parents are still either skipping the booster phase and going straight to an adult seatbelt, or putting kids in a booster too early when a 5-pt-harness should still be used for many of these children.

(source: http://gmtv.feedroom.com/ifr_main.j...2e3adax1109a279351x63d0&rdm=192374.7883740734)

Good luck with your presentation :)
wow i didnt know that...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC