True Fit Fabric

Mamamaya

Hi everyone. I was wondering about the True Fit convertible fabric. I understand that the new Premiere might have a scratchy fabric after the infant padding is removed. Is this true for the other models as well or is the fabric uniformly velour? Thanks!!!

ADS

Mamamaya

Hmmm...thanks! Wish the cranberry was still available. Anyone else with a supersoft material? Such a toss up between baby's comfort on plush material and the extra features on the Premiere.

Spam

The blue aurora is plush on the sides and slick in the middle. NOT scratchy, just slick.

Mamamaya

Thanks so much for helping me decide! BTW, I forgot to mention we live in SOuthern California where it gets really hot in the summertime. I was thinking of buying the Geo Black because it is the only one available right now. Now, I am hearing it has a scratchy "backpack" fabric down the middle. Is this better or worse for hot weather than the plush seats? Thanks again everyone! I need to buy this seat soon!!!

Spam

They didn't make any changes to the premiere C670 that I know of. They added a recline option and angle indicator on the original truefit and called it the C650, the original was the C630. You can order either blue aurora or geo black whichever cover you like better, they're the same. The blue aurora may have an older date of manufacture, but it may not either as it was continued for 2010.

Kaede's_Mom

Thanks so much for helping me decide! BTW, I forgot to mention we live in SOuthern California where it gets really hot in the summertime. I was thinking of buying the Geo Black because it is the only one available right now. Now, I am hearing it has a scratchy "backpack" fabric down the middle. Is this better or worse for hot weather than the plush seats? Thanks again everyone! I need to buy this seat soon!!!

I live in OK, so it gets hot and humid here. So far it is about the same in hot weather, just shows more sweat marks then plush covers.

kate4478

We have the retro geo. It's not scratchy or slick at all. It's so hot and humid down here and didn't want DS to sweat with the velour fabric. We love the retro geo.

Mamamaya

Its nice to know that the new true fit fabrics are good for hot weather. I was thinking the non-velour seat would be not as desirable but now I think I was wrong. For the hot weather here it sounds like the "backpack" material fabric would be best. Thanks and it is great to know that the retro geo is working for you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC