ERF IRL

ChckLiz

I seen my first EVER kid ERF.. unless it was just a big baby lol. I have never seen a kid older than 10 months RF around here.. yeah seriously! I'm in a VERY small minority in my town! And the kid was in a Britax in a two door car.. that seems like it would be a very tight fit! I was just amazed and had to share! :)

Do you guys see it often where you live or just what you do with your own kids?

ADS

Stacy

Nope. Never. Although I have seen a couple different Britax seats installed RF in cars, but never with a child in it so not sure how hold the kids were. I am the only person I know with a rf'er past 1 :thumbsdown:

Mommy2Marcus

I have seen a few kids that were ERF around here, but they're few. A couple of days ago I seen a seat FF for an 8 month old. :( However about 2-3 weeks ago I seen 2 ERF children. Their ped had informed them to keep their children RF. :thumbsup:

As for the Britax in a 2 door car. Not impossible at all. It can be a tight fit, but both my DH & I have 2 door cars. Marcus has rode RF in both. He rode RF in a Marathon in my DH's 2 door Cavalier & my 2 door Impreza. So just b/c the car was a 2 door & the seat was a Britax doesn't mean anything.

ChckLiz

I know that.. I was just saying it looked like a massive car seat for a tiny back seat! It took up most of the back window! They had it on the passenger side.. to me I would think it would be easier in the middle but I haven't had to experience that so I don't know.

macmomma

I have seen one last week for the very first time- I bought something of craiglist and meet her at a gas station to exchange the item and the money. I was so excited when I saw her little one RF I got all goofy....LOL Her little on is 21 months old and was in an Eddie Bauer 3-1 seat. We actually ended up talking about ERF and had a nice conversation:thumbsup:

Madeline410

My neighbor had her 18 month old RF before I even met her. It was the first thing that got us talking LOL! I told her I could kiss her. She just turned him FF at 27 months, which I consider great for around here. She was terrified to tell me she wanted him FF but I told her I wouldn't yell since she's already heard all my reasons to keep him RF.

One of my friends is ERF her 16 month old in a MR because of my sister and I.

But that's it!

NVMBR02

A mom at my ds's preschool has her 15 month old rear facing still (in a Marathon) The baby is small but over 20 pounds. She also has her 5 year old in a GN (harnessed) Besides my son there is only one other 4-5 year old in a harness (another 5 year old in a Regent).

For the most part people around here turn their babies forward facing between 11 and 12 months and move to a bootster between 3 and 4. :(

Melanie

My daycare girl is still RF at 21 months. :thumbsup: I was glad I didn't have to have an awkward discussion about why she shouldn't be FF when she first came here.

She's the only ERF child I've seen around here. I keep waiting for someone to say something to me when they see me strapping in my 3yo RF, but no one outside of immediate friends has.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Let's see....I had an 18 month old come through a seat check RF about a month ago, in a MA.

My BFF's daughter who is almost 4 was RF to just about 2. Daycare kiddo I used to care for was RF to around 18 months.

Not my personal standards...but better than the minimums I was seeing.

Susan

Pixels

Other than the kid of another c-s.o tech, or kids that I see at checks where I can influence the parents? No way. The closest I've come is seeing a RFing Scenera in the parking lot. Don't know if it was for ERFing or baby.

Rear facing convertibles are rare around here, ERFing or not. It's infant bucket then straight to FFing convertible or combination seat.

Calideedle

Besides a cs.org members kids? Only one person. A Mom at the kids school. Her 2yr-old is RFing in a Britax and her 4yr-old is in a Frontier.

Kat_Momof3

only one I have ever seen IRL that weren't my kids... was someone who lives over in Chesapeake that I know from the old BBC boards...

jaded

A lot actually, about half of the playgroup moms do ERF(one actually did one of those Facebook things to win a Radian so her son could go back to rearfacing, he'd outgrown the limit on his Boulevard). And I see rearfacing convertibles all the time.

molly&elle

besides us-nope, not ever! even a collegue at work is a midlevel medical provider and supposedly her firefighter boyfriend checks seats, and she had her 1yo ff on his bday! Seriously it fell on deaf ears, you'd think that person would seriously consider erf. I had already talked about erf as our kids our 2wks apart. Just waiting for her to make one more comment about me keeping my 13mo erf.

I haven't seen it yet, but I know it's out there. The sales reps at the big independent baby store here know about ERF, and so do a lot of the customers.

Unfortunately, I haven't ran into them outside of the store yet. Since that store is about 30 min from me and the BRUS is only about 10, I'm around BRUS a lot more and unfortunately, ERF isn't big with those customers. I do see a few RF convertibles in the parking lot, but whenever I see the actual kid, they appear to be infants. 1 yr old at most.

all together ooky

Most of my friends ERF their kids, but still turned them before 2. BUT, I am seeing a lot more RF convertibles in cars so I take that as a positive step. I do think the word is getting out, but it's slow in being accepted and it's hard to go against the grain.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC