Graco Snugride expiration PSA

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
There came a point not too long ago that I asked about the expiration on the Snugride. I rested assured when told it was 6 yrs. Dd's SR22 was mf'd in mid 2009. Sure enough stamped under the lip of the seat it reads, "do not use after December 2014".

ADS

Mommy0608

My SafeSeat was manufactured in July 2007 and the expiration stamp says do not use after December 2012. :thumbsdown:

TiaxMarie

When I went to BRU to register the girl told me to check the exp. date on my infant seat if I was going to reuse it. I explained I was a tech, and I know about exp. dates. She said oh, good, well you know they all expire after 5 years. When I questioned her, she said alot of snugrides have a 5 year exp.

When did they change it? Or is it a misprint?

Last edited:

skitle1802

huh? :lightbulb: That must be why my neice asked for my SS1. Her Snugride was a DOM 2004. I hadn't gotten around to why she turned down my offer a couple of months ago and then last month asked if I still had it. This makes sense.

But 5 years...:thumbsdown:

NannyMom

I had that with a spring DOM Graco Cargo. I called Graco and the rep told me (more than 1 rep) that it is Dec of 6th year. Has anyone checked their other Graco seats? I'd heard of this with early new year DOMs (Jan-march maybe)... but into July?!

geekKT

Checked my expired Snugride 22 for fun - DOM April 24 2003, Do not use after December 2009.

mommycat

Maybe using up older shells with new covers/stickers and figuring that people won't notice/care? Odd.

amyd

I had heard at one point that there were some misprints on the SRs. I'd call Graco if you have one that's less than 6 years.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Wish I would have checked the snugride, I swear it was 6 years though. Guess I need to go check my snugride trainer seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC