Question about the Complete Air

Factfinder

I posted last week asking for suggestions in regard to a convertible car seat.

The Complete Air was one that was suggested as being a favorite on this site, although I have not seen anyone's posting showing that they use this one.

My husband REALLY likes this one due to the Air Protect technology.

I am wondering if there is anyone that is or has actually used this seat and how it works for them.

I read a review that said it tilts really far back in the rear facing position. Is this true?

Also, do the big side air wings get in the way of your child looking from side to side?

thank you for your help!!

Vicki
(my son is almost 13 months)

ADS

firemomof3

I use my CA all the time and really like it :thumbsup: Though I prefer my Radian hands down, the CA has been great. I have used it both rf and ff without any issues. My 4y/o sleeps very comfortably in it ff and we just recently took a 3hr. car ride and she was complaint free :eek:
CA003.jpg

booster007.jpg

Andie

We love our CA. My son doesn't really seem to be bothered by the wings, he usually just looks out the back window.

Usually people have problems with it being too upright in the RF position, I just 2 pool noodles taped together in the bight of the seat. I'm not sure if you know this, because your little one is older, you can put it more upright (between 30 & 45 degrees) than what the level line indicates (45 degrees). The level line is more for newborns that need the angle to keep their airways open. Probably why the review said that it tilts far back is that they are installing it level with the line and that makes it take a lot of space front to back. When more upright, my seat doesn't take up a lot of space.

Here are a couple pics of my 2 year old in the seat. He's 25lbs & 33" tall with a 11.5" ish torso length:
legroom.jpg

CAlove.jpg

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I love our CA. I find it easy to adjust, easy to tighten, and my kids love it. I've used it rear- and forward-facing and it's a very easy installation forward-facing, not too difficult rear-facing in my experience (you just have to pull the cover up to tighten rear-facing, like you do with all other Dorel seats. :) )

My signature has a picture of a CA-- that's it furthest away, with the 5 1/2 year old rear-facing in it. ;)

gsdguenter

I'm going to go against the grain ad say I hate our CA. If I ever get my act together I'm going to get rid of it. My DD hated the wings, but really likes them on her RNXT. I think it feels so flimsy and I just don't like it. Personal preference though. I know a lot of people like it.
Plus, I didn't like how I need to use noodles with it and not any of my other seats.:twocents:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I LOVE ours. Fave seat. My ds is in it in my sig...he is 2yo. You can recline it less for older kids, up to 30 degrees, instead of the full 45 for newborns, but honestly, my ds prefers miore recline, so it's almost at the full 45 degree newborn recline in my car. And dh and i still have enough room to drive in front of him. (5 foot and 5 8). But, , as you can see from someof the other pics, you CAN put it very upright for older kids.

Madeline410

I just bought my 2nd one :love: It took me a few times to get the install down, but now it's very simple. I do need a pyramid of 3 pool noodles to get a good angle, but it's not a big deal. DD has never complained about not being able to see anything past the head wings. She's 28 months.

Factfinder

GREAT, thank you all for sharing your experiences!!

Are any of you using the LX is SE Models with the 4 position recline??

Madeline410

Nope. It wasn't available yet when I bought my first CA, and I got a killer deal on my 2nd one, so I opted out of the LX since I already know how to work with the noodles in my car.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
No, I just got a regular one, it was cheaper, and it installs beautifully at any angle I want it to be in in 30 seconds flat in my car.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I've only tried my son in it in the store. I don't know if he's got a short neck or broad shoulders, but when the slots are below his shoulders for RF, the air pillows look to be cramping his shoulders. He's only 15 months, so it's not like he can tell me how it feels yet. Based on that---I don't feel like it's a good fit for MY son.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC