Car Seat Shuffle

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I had to do it :(
My baby is a giant! He's 10 months today and is 1" from the top of the SS1. He's 30+" 22+lb. SO, he moved to the Titan (which only gives him a little growth but at least I can prepare dh for the cost of a new seat again) he's already even with the 2nd to the top slots. My 3yo (who was in the Titan) is also right even with the top slots of it so she moved to the Nautilus. My 5 1/2yo was in the Nautilus so I finally let her move to a booster. She's just 38lb now but my dh is NOT looking forward to spending more on car seats so I'm relenting and letting her move. She does have the threat that if she does not sit properly, I will buy her a new harnessed seat and she will not get to be in her cute PINK booster (I'd go with a Maestro that doesn't come in pink).
Sigh, they grow up so fast. What a pain to move all 4 seats (we changed seating positions too) and adjust straps on all of them but it's done.

ADS

Laurette

This is actually something I find fun! But that probably explains why I'm a tech. I love re-arranging seats.

Sorry about the confrontation with DH. My hubs just rolls his eyes when I ask about carseats. Is there any way you can use tax refund $ or borrow money from a relative? I would want my 5.5 year old to be harnessed. But that's not the most pressing issue. I would be more anxious to get the baby a larger seat because he will obviously need it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC