Question Anyone have the foam block from Combi for the CCO?

ZephyrBlue

Combi is sending me an "installation block" that is supposed to help with the tippy-ness of the CCO RF- anyone here used it successfully?

ADS

Pixels

From the description I've read in other threads, it's basically a pool noodle with some shelf liner on it. The shelf liner might extend past the noodle, I'm not sure.

I don't think anyone has actually gotten it yet, but I know someone who has ordered one.

ZephyrBlue

Do you know roughly what it is? How did you get it? Cost?

Combi CS rep Dustin offered it to me when I called and told him about how the CCO tips towards the vehicle seat back no matter what I do - said it was made specifically for this problem and called it an "installation block" No cost to me. I'll post pics of it when it comes.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Someone said it's the same as one that comes with the Zeus.

You know, now that I think of it...way back when the CCO was still a prototype I remember Safe Ride News or Safety Belt Safe saying that it would come with a "foam mat" for use forward-facing. I remember thinking how absolutely moronic that sounded. But maybe they just had the info wrong and they were referring to this. Maybe they scrapped the idea of including it initially, and now they're going to.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Could you post pics of it when you get it? I'm curious to see what it is and how it works.

crunchierthanthou

There's a picture of the one that comes with the Zeus 360 on carseatblog.com - http://carseatblog.com/?p=4587

It isn't working for me to click on the images to make them bigger, but you can get the general idea.

eta: there's a picture in the manual, too. It's rectangular and maybe 6"x12'X2". It's a different consistency than pool noodles. It reminded me of one of those kneeling pads you use for gardening. :p

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Not the best picture, but all I have.

It's not round like a pool noodle and it's a lot more stiff. It's more triangle/rectangle kind of shaped, lol. You can use different sides iirc to acheive different angles. Anyone who has a CCO can call and get one for free along w/ some shelf liner if they'd like. :) I still need to call and get one for us.

pastrygirl

I haven't actually tried yet... but I was ordering a cover, so I figured I'd add it to my order. Plus, I plan to use it in a rental when we travel and I thought it would be easier than traveling with pool noodle pieces.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I emailed Vera about it today... She said that it should be sent for free to anyone needing it... It is a Zeus block. I have an installation pic, but will have to post from my laptop tomorrow. Tonight I am on my cell at work.

pastrygirl

I completely forgot to take a pic before installing it. It's basically a flat rectangle, about an inch thick, maybe 5 inches wide, and maybe 13? inches long.

CCOwedge.jpg

pastrygirl

Cristina, are you able to get an acceptable install RF w/the CCO?
Yes, I think I got an acceptable install without the foam block, but I can tip the seat with not much pressure. I don't think my son would be able to accidentally tip it, though. I ended up using the block and it takes a bit more effort to tip it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC