Have we discussed this product?

ADS

4boysmom

How does it work? It seems like it might be a good thing for a tight three across with a booster next to a seat belt installed seat to make sure the harnessed seat doesn't get unclipped.

ntrenary

I almost bought this at BRU the other day. My DD sits next to my sons car seat and always unbuckles it by mistake. I don't know how many times I've put him in his car seat, drove all the way across town, to discover his seat isn't buckled in!
Before I buy this I'm going to see how well my rigged seat belt button cover works. I cut off the bottom part of some old pj pants, slipped it over the buckle stalk, and put a piece of cardboard in front of the button to keep her from pushing it through the sock. It's been on there for a few weeks, and so far so good.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I almost bought this at BRU the other day. My DD sits next to my sons car seat and always unbuckles it by mistake. I don't know how many times I've put him in his car seat, drove all the way across town, to discover his seat isn't buckled in!
Before I buy this I'm going to see how well my rigged seat belt button cover works. I cut off the bottom part of some old pj pants, slipped it over the buckle stalk, and put a piece of cardboard in front of the button to keep her from pushing it through the sock. It's been on there for a few weeks, and so far so good.

A really good reason to check ev.er.y.single.time. you put a child in a seat.

I like your idea though I'd still be wary and check. It takes less than 3 seconds to do a wiggle check after buckling an lo inside.

On the product: If a child cannot be trusted enough to sit in a booster and not unbuckle until the destination, the child isn't ready for a booster, imo. :twocents:

menfusse

Hmmm...this is interesting, but I'd like to see it in action. I never had troubles with A unbuckling herself, but when she was next to E she would sometimes unbuckle the seatbelt. It's not an issue now though, so I don't have a need for it thanks to our Jeep having center lower anchors for latch. I'd still like to see it in action.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Have you tried flipping the buckle on the belt once? so that the button is on the inside, not the outside, so your dd can't even really unbuckle it? Like when you twist a female end of a seatbelt.

aja

jet's been unbuckling his radian when we stop (usually when he has been in the booster recently). we check, and i'm pretty sure we have caught it every time, but it would be great to add another line of defense.

4boysmom

A really good reason to check ev.er.y.single.time. you put a child in a seat.

I like your idea though I'd still be wary and check. It takes less than 3 seconds to do a wiggle check after buckling an lo inside.

How do you check a tight 3 across?
And what happens when you are running late. Obviously fix the seat(s) before leaving but if this product told you the seat got unclipped upon arrival at a destination it would be a lot nicer to know then than when you are leaving and already running 20 minutes late to find out you PITA Radian install came undone.

Maedze

I'm certainly not immediately opposed. I was also thinking of tight 3-acrosses where kids accidentally unbuckle the seat next to them.

Also perhaps for parents of older children with impulses control issues who are unwilling/unable to purchase a more exacting method of restraint.

I want to see how it works and whether or not it interferes with the correct use of the seatbelt.

4boysmom

jet's been unbuckling his radian when we stop (usually when he has been in the booster recently). we check, and i'm pretty sure we have caught it every time, but it would be great to add another line of defense.

that. It should not be your fail safe but an additional "eyes and ears" for sleep deprived parents :thumbsup:

Maedze

Hey, unless I'm smoking something homegrown I can't find the Mitey Tite on the website. Can anyone independently confirm?

Jennifer mom to my 7

Hey, unless I'm smoking something homegrown I can't find the Mitey Tite on the website. Can anyone independently confirm?

I looked, no mighty tite! Just their version of a locking clip:thumbsup: Step in the right direction? Listening to us car safety nuts? I think it might be so:D

christineka

i couldn't find the mighty tight either. Now they should quit marketing all the rest of the not recommended aftermarket car seat accessories.

cookie123

I really only thought of it as a safeguard against unbuckling a seat accidentally. I guess it could be useful for naughty unbucklers. But if they're doing that they shouldn't be in a booster, as someone mentioned.

I did not see the locking clip thing. I was hurrying. I wanted to see which was the new Monterey before I went to try it out. It's the one that the center color on the headrest doesn't go completely to the bottom of the headrest, right?
I went over to try the Monterey in my Tribute, and I wanted to make sure I had the right one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC