Anyone know where FR85 is instock?

chasingboys

I was told last week when I emailed asking for a shipping date that Hipmonkey wasn't going to have more Frontiers for another week or two. I emailed today to see if there was an updated shipping day and they said that it's going to be another two weeks from now :mad: I would think that updating people on their orders/shipping would be a good idea, but I guess I'm the only one that thinks this.

Does anyone know where there is a good deal on a Frontier 85 that is INSTOCK?! I have squeezed DS in the Radian that I have, but he is almost over the top slots, I had to install it very upright to even have that space. I need this Frontier yesterday! Hipmonkey is sitting on my money and not even updating me about my order, they just offered to cancel at any time :rolleyes: . Very frustrating.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

If it's any consolation, I believe Sunshine Kids when they say you can go over the top slots as long as his ears are below the top of the shell. I was skeptical, but the chat we had with the engineer convinced me that it is okay. I might not go a couple inches over, but 1/4-1/2" wouldn't phase me.

Mae

If it makes you feel better, I believe Radian's allow the child's shoulders to be above the top slot, *as long as* their ears aren't above the top of the shell.

I think. Let me go double check.

ETA: Yep, crunchier and I cross posted. :)

chasingboys

Thank you guys, that does make me feel better. I did know that about the Radian, but I wasn't sure if it still applied to the XTsl. That's good to know, but I still want my new seat! lol

Does anyone know of one that's instock with a good "deal"? I thought I'd post here before I bought somewhere else. I can't get through to Albeebaby.com they show that they have it, but so did hipmonkey.

my2boys0508

CPS Technician
Ugh...are you serious about HipMonkey...I've been waiting 2 weeks for the Frontier 85 and 86Y harness...looks like I'm off to send them another email. I need the harness, like yesterday.
Good luck on your search...if they tell me 2 weeks I think I'll cancel my order as well. I ordered from them since they had both items I needed/wanted.

chasingboys

What makes me more annoyed is that if I had known that this was going to be an issue, I would have ordered from another store from the beginning and would have my seat already. I sold his Regent the weekend after I ordered the Frontier in anticipation that it was shipping right away from TX and being in CA I would have received it pretty quick. I was wrong and there was no communication on their part...I had to email them to find out what was going on.

I ordered from Albeebaby, lets hope I get it soon.

Splash

I can't even find contact info for hipmonkey! I ordered on Wednesday and it said mine was in stock with same day shipping. Saturday now and i have not received a shipping confirmation, and nowhere on their website (that I can find) has any contact. My only choice is the "no reply" email I got. Even in that email it says to contact them with any questions, but there is no contact info in that email either!

Splash

How did you find that? I just went back to their main page and it is nowhere. Nada. I scoured that webpage and never found any "contact us" page or link.

xmascarolmarie

Diapers.com will price match, even coupon codes. They just need to make sure the other place has it in stock. Diapers.com has free shipping and great customer support. Even free return shipping. My seat came very quickly from them.:)

melniemi

I found it on their main page. Top left almost directly below "Hip", a little pink/red tab like the rest of the sections. :)

I've ordered from them in the past and had to wait weeks for my seat as well. I don't order from there anymore even though I like their cause.

Splash

It's completely not there. I looked there, there is only one row of tabs and their mattresses, car seats, carriers, for mom, etc. I'm not losing my mind!

I am, however, called diapers.com and getting them to price match it. Didn't know they did free return shipping as well.

my2boys0508

CPS Technician
Hipmonkey doesn't seem to return emails on weekends. I emailed 2 Fridays ago and it took until that next Monday to hear back. I emailed at 3, yesterday and probably won't hear back until Monday again. They really do have poor customer service :( I cannot wait another 2 weeks for the 86Y harness. Does anyone know of another site that sells them? I just emailed a bus service place where a friend got the safe rider travel vest from, so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. If hipmonkey tells me another two weeks on my order, I'll be canceling and ordering elsewhere too. 1 month for an order and an order that is already paid for with no updates on their end, isn't very acceptable.

crunchierthanthou

It's completely not there. I looked there, there is only one row of tabs and their mattresses, car seats, carriers, for mom, etc. I'm not losing my mind!

The upper bar of buttons is only loading some of the time for me. It was there, and then I clicked on contact us, and it wasn't there. I hit back and it didn't show up again until I refreshed.

seamonkeys

I ordered one from Hipmonkey this past week too and haven't heard anything about the order. That is really annoying that the site makes it appear they are instock, yet it obviously isn't if it hasn't shipped yet. :mad: But since I got 20% off I really don't want to cancel and order from someplace else and pay more. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC