What should I do?

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
So there's a little boy in DD1's preschool class who rides in a low back booster seat in a Jeep without head rests. His Momma is super nice and sweet. She has no idea that I am a CPST. I don't want to NOT say anything and then risk the possibilty of him being severely injured in a crash. But I don't want to say something and have her think I'm judging her either.

What should I do? I'm not the type of person to approach others about their seat situation (unless it's my sister or friend or something).

ADS

tjham

No advice, but just commiseration. :(

Same here with a grandma at my grandson's preschool, except she has a convertible, with a backless booster, and a very large 4 yr old whose huge head sticks up waaaay past the back of the seat. :thumbsdown:

stenmarks

So there's a little boy in DD1's preschool class who rides in a low back booster seat in a Jeep without head rests. His Momma is super nice and sweet. She has no idea that I am a CPST. I don't want to NOT say anything and then risk the possibilty of him being severely injured in a crash. But I don't want to say something and have her think I'm judging her either.

What should I do? I'm not the type of person to approach others about their seat situation (unless it's my sister or friend or something).

Maybe organize a carseat check at school? Or do you get a monthly newsletter? We do, and that might be the appropriate place to stick in some sort of flyer about booster seats and other child restraints.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
We've got a big problem at ds's preschool with non-use and bad mis-use.

I wrote something for last month's newsletter, we have a 'Parent Corner' and someone contributes to it every month. If anyone wants what I used, feel free to pm me and I'll share it!

And we also set up an official SK car seat check event since there's no way I could have handled all of that myself. The preschool is giving a donation to SK for their time. We have very few check events around here, so there should be plenty of techs wanting to volunteer for their recert checks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC