And the best car seat is........

canadianmom2three

As many of you have said- the one that fits your car, fits your baby and is used correctly every time. It's not too often that I have heard evenflo infant seats get a glowing recommendation on here, but I read this:
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1585580.php

It is about that baby that I think scatterbunny posted on, who survived the fall off the freeway overpass because he was correctly restrained in his rear facing infant seat. When I read it, they had not yet stated which make of seat it was, and I assumed it would have to be a britax, or other super $$ seat, but I'll save you the bother of reading the article, and tell you, it was an evenflo. Not that they make bad seats or anything, just they don't seem to be the favourite (well maybe they will be now - we all know how easily people are swayed by the media);) .

ADS

bbartlettnfld

So was it a Portabout or an Embrace? Now I am curious.. I hate the base on the portabout-its very hard to install well in many cars IMO, but the carrier itself is nice and light. I don't really know anything about the Embrace -I've never installed it.
I'm still wondering if Evenflo will ever shrink down the size of their chest clips on their infant seats.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Very cool. Too bad about his mother :(
I wouldn't hate Evenflos if they weren't so darn difficult to install in so many cars :p...and if they had front harness adjusters... and if one of them hadn't wounded me when I tried to put it's handle down...and if the chest clips weren't fit to baby elephants...and if they had better padding... but I'd never accuse them of being unsafe when used properly ;)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Just a side note, when I was at sears the other day I saw they had a new embrace that had the upfront adjuster! I couldn't get it to work, but it did have the adjuster. Maybe things are looking up in the world of Evenflo!?
B000LS5I76.01-A10FHFRJZ0GJG3._AA250_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Just a side note, when I was at sears the other day I saw they had a new embrace that had the upfront adjuster! I couldn't get it to work, but it did have the adjuster. Maybe things are looking up in the world of Evenflo!?
That IS a good thing... yay!
:)

Splash

heck, it COULD have been an on my way for all we know. No one said it was current!

I'm glad the story at least emphasized that the installation and use of the seat is more important than the manufacturer.

lynsgirl

I saw an Embrace at BRU that was labeled "Deluxe" and it had a front adjustor, as well :p . Deluxe. It made me almost LOL. But yes, it *is* an improvement!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I posted on another thread that I think they showed the baby's seat in a news video. Looked like an Evenflo Tribute, I think? The one they showed was not an infant carrier...

mominabigtruck

I looked at one at kmart the other day and it did have a new little chest clip. It was different then their other ones so they didn't just shrink the one they have.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC