Question Best convertables for young infants with severe reflux

Chiisai

Hello, new here. :)

My 8 1/2 week old daugher has a very bad case of reflux. My son also did, and by the time we figured out the infant car seat was the reasons for constant screaming in the car, he fit into a Britax Boulevard (all screaming instantly stopped).

So, while I know she would likely be better in the Boulevard, she is not going to fit into it right now, she's at least an inch away.

In about 3 weeks she's going to be in the car twice every day as I go back to work and I am deciding whether we should buy a different convertable seat or just deal with screaming until she fits in the boulevard (she is currently in a Snugride, horrible for refluxers). Before buying, I was hoping to hear from some parents who've dealt with this.

Do any of you have experience with reflux babies and the convertables currently available on the market? If so, I would be appreciative if you could share your thoughts.

Thank you!

ADS

swtgi1982

not sure about the reflus part, but the scenera does fit newbies well. since you already have a Britax Boulevard I would just get an inexpensive one that could also be a back up seat after the baby fits in the the Boulevard well.

Chiisai

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Scenera holds reflux babies well? Maybe all convertables are good in that respect, meaning, they have pretty straight backs?

The reason the Snugride is so bad is the way it sort of cups her bottom and back, almost hammock-like, causing her a lot of pain.

featherhead

The Scenera has a nice straight back, and the crotch strap has a position nice and close to the back, to keep her from sliding down and slouching. The Radian also is nice and straight. Stay away from the Evenflo Triumph Advance. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the other seats, so I can't really say one way or another.

Chiisai

Great, thanks! Sounds like the Scenera would be good. And it does seem pretty reasonably priced.

We actually have a Radian 65, we are ordering a replacement base (was never used RF before and no clue where we put the base). I've read of problems getting it to fit RF in some vehicles outboard, we have a 2006 Honda CR-V and it would need to fit passenger side, with someone still able to ride up front. A Frontier is driver side and there is not enough room center. If we can't get it to fit (or hold her well), the Scenera looks like it will work.

Last edited:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Most Dorel seats will install fairly upright, but the Scenera is the only one that will fit a very small baby (the Avenue might fit a larger baby).

djma

How is her head control? DD is in a SafeSeat and has reflux. Once we could make her's more upright, she did a bit better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC